Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The myth of todays kung fu fighting exposed

Suspected as much.

Once you are in Japan(yes, I am here) we can meet and down a few drinks. and maybe than you can give me the names you refuse to post publicly.

I am not asking for a fight, I am asking for the names of the guys that you claim cannot apply their internal skills.
    Plain and simple, if you refuse to provide them I must assume that your statements are false.

This has nothing to do with my skill or me fighting you or anything else.

Seeya.

Maoshan, Blacktaoist, you're waisting your breath. You can't change people with words. Especially if you call them stupid, fakes, punks, etc. You're waisting your time here.

And if you really care about the state of MA and want to change it for the better... then what you're doing here won't do the trick. You're going about it the wrong way.

Ye Gor.

I agree with you.

Just want to find out if BT considers my Chen TJQ instructor one of those Guys he keeps ranting about.

So far he refused to name the guys he touched hands with over here in Japan, even though I asked him to either e-mail or pm me in case he didn't want to give names publicly.

Seeya.

Its not your business who I cross hands with in japan or even in Beijing. I know a lot of individuals that practice all kinds of martial arts. And I don't have to tell you $hit, because for one I don't know you. Two I don't care what you think. like I said I don't play games, and I'm a man of my word, next month when I'm in Japan we can meet up, And We can compare skills.

You claim you know people that can fight utilizing the so-called internal in a real fight, well When I'm in Japan I'm willing to find out. Chen style Tai Chi, this $hit I have to see. Because I still stand by my opinions on this issue. When I'm in Japan I like to see you prove me wrong. (then after that, maybe we can be friends)

Ye Gor:
    I'm just having fun. I can careless about what these people do up here or who they follow. But truth is truth today most internal martials arts is endless dance, that many today love to claim as true martial art. I'm not going to play the martial politics, I going to tell you the real deal. And if these so-called martial art scholars don't like it to bad.

Last edited by blacktaoist; 11-06-2002 at 12:00 AM.

Originally posted by blacktaoist
    I'm just having fun
    Well, $hit.
    Hmmm... I want to have fun too.

BT.

If it is not my business and you got nothing too proove than I got no business with you nor need to proove anything to you either.

You make claims here, but when you are called on them you refuse to answer.
    I never claimed anything, those claims exist in your head and there alone.

I am willing to learn the true IMA, but tough when the people that claim to have it or know who got it are not willing to share their knowledge.

So I guess I will have to go with the dance classes than, and maybe they will proove to be the real deal.

Have fun.

Shadow Dragon

Yes you were, not just him, but the both of us.
    Ego? Don’t play us stupid. Reading is fundamental. Besides, by your reply, it’s even more obvious.

What masters are you referring to? There was only one master that was spoken of whose name was not mentioned. Other than that, what the hell are you talking about?

As for being around for years, we’ve been around for years, and aren’t going anywhere.

Oh yeah, and we got the goods, and we didn’t have to pay to get it. All teachers look for that pearl in the sea of mud and when they find it, they nurture it. Customers pay, Practitioners learn and excel.

(On one hand you want to expose frauds within the internal Ma, but are not willing to give out name of who YOU claim to have no skills)

It‘s a word to the wise. You want somebody to do your footwork for you. ****that. We did the work for ourselves, not for the world. A sign is all that the wise need.
    Seek the Info out. Do the research. You said you’ve been around for years and you’re in Japan at that. So how come you can’t find out your self? What’s up with that? Did you choose the first teacher you found with no background check? That’s on you.
    You want to blast BT for not telling you the names of those we’ve come in contact with. Who are you? He don’t know you. Why should he tell you? You didn’t even approach right. You assume he’s just supposed to tell you? Why? Your nobody to him. We live by a code. When your down you get the inside knowledge, other than that, you stay in the dark unless you get lucky.
    Besides when the names have been mentioned we got nowhere. People continue with their star worship and the world goes round and round. Out right verbal attacks but no test, No one will see if what we’re saying is true against the source or us. They just do character attacks. Which means nothing in the world of fighting. A good guy can fight, so can a bad guy, the point is they can fight that’s all that matters.

(Be the tough man you claim to be and expose them openly here, you must have better skill than about most of the accepted MA masters out there according to your claims.)

You’re trying to goad somebody with this one.
    We’re not stupid. It’s for us to know and you to find out. We will not do your footwork for you.

(I for one got enough of your rants and postering on here, you are nothing better than a 2nd class troll to me from now on

You want somebody to cry or what?
    We‘ll continue to talk the way we talk regardless of you, again who are you? Sounds like your having a tantrum because you can’t get your way. You want a BOBO? A glass of warm milk maybe?
    We can’t help you.

(Once you are in Japan (yes, I am here) we can meet and down a few drinks.)

If he meets you, it won’t be to have a drink my friend. You don’t tell a man to shut the **** up unless you the lest amount of respect for that man. That’s fighting words. And in the world of martial arts… Need I say more?

(I am not asking for a fight)

You just did.

(This has nothing to do with my skill or me fighting you or anything else.)

Bull$hit, Ranting? 2nd class troll? Come on man? This is not a game.

(Just want to find out if BT considers my Chen TJQ instructor one of those Guys he keeps ranting about)

Ego? Sounds like you have an insecurity problem man. What makes you think that it was your instructor that he sparred with? Everybody knows that all we’re interested in is Ba-Gua but the truth of the matter is the statement was a general one. He sparred Karate guys. He never mentioned Tai chi. Are you hallucinating?
    Where did you get this?

Now you don’t want to fight. You’re a joke man and you’re not somebody we want to know.

You make claims here, but when you are called on them you refuse to answer.
    Like I said when I'm in Japan, I'm willing to meet up with you and compare skills.. I can show you better then I can tell you. And that's for real.

Peace
    BT

BT.

Yes, I am willing to meet you to share info.

I know already that your skill exceeds mine, I am still fairly new to the IMA scene (4+yrs), my JMA & CMA studies consist of another 20+ yrs.

Always willing to learn something new from fellow MA.

People over here are very open to sharing and we have many friendly get-togethers and booze-ups.
    This crosses styles and even between Japanese and Chinese MA.

I can take you with to some open Push hand meetings or similar if you are interested.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Shadow Dragon; 11-06-2002 at 12:26 AM.

Originally posted by Empty Fist
    Thanks for sharing the clip. Interesting the BJJ guy was just wearing shorts which is not realistic. In a street fight you would be wearing more clothes. The Karate guy was at severe disadvantage on the ground as a result of the BJJ gut just wearing shorts (there is nothing to grab but sweaty skin). I’ll say this, if the Karate guy landed a hit on the BJJ dude’s a vital point you may have seen a different outcome. I studied Judo and JuiJitsu for 3 years and I’ll tell you this, the art does not teach you how to defend yourself adequately against strikes. Bull rushing an opponent can be effective but it also can lead you to be vulnerable.
    nothing unrealistic about wearing only shorts - he could be on a beach or at the pool, or even taking out his garbage and get assaulted. all of those things can be done while wearing only shorts. Someone could break into his house, and he may be in shorts. It's not that unrealistic. not having clothes is not a severe disadvantage for the opponent - in shuai chiao, you grab muscles, not necessarily the clothes. with proper trainin, he was at no disadvantage at all.

"if the Karate guy landed a hit on the BJJ dude’s a vital point you may have seen a different outcome."

Did he really have time? he was instantly taken down.

"I studied Judo and JuiJitsu for 3 years and I’ll tell you this, the art does not teach you how to defend yourself adequately against strikes. Bull rushing an opponent can be effective but it also can lead you to be vulnerable."

little secret.....most bjj guys now cross train in a standup grappling style and a striking style. it's not uncommon for the bjj guy to also train in wrestling, judo, etc. boxing, muay thai, etc. many of the bjj guys in brazil also have at least a shodan in judo.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 11-06-2002 at 01:25 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

just a quick point

Black Taoist and Maoshan, I think that there is a point to people wanting to know who you beleive, or have learned to be full of b.s. You have placed yourself in some ways to be in positions of authority. When people try to do background checks on a potential teacher this is what they're going to read. Just give your honest opinion. That is what I relied on when I found my teacher. Looking around and finding what other people thought.
    Shadow Dragon, I imagine you would have been met with better success if you just asked either of their opinions politely rather than just blasting away, and tearing down. That just looks like your trying to start crap, at least to me.
    All great truths begin as heresy

Circle Walker.

I asked previously nicely and was rewarded with silence, which to me is the same as an open insult. or a slap in the face.
    Hence my more direct approach this time.

But I agree with you that so far the opinion of my peers and more experienced people has influenced me in choosing my Instructors.
    I choose my current Sifu on a recommendation from a well-known TJQ Person I know.
    Actually I lived close to him for nearly 4 years while studying another TJQ style, and I switched after I felt that my than current style and Instructor could take me no further..

And the decision was good if I had joined him 4yrs ago I might not be doing TJQ now.

Peace.

i have been told about internal kung fu, infact a fren of mine tells me things which i find so hard to believe about his teacher.......

if i believe what i hear than surely internal kungfu must be near invincible.....which i dont believe can be so!

tho i have heard about some reknown tong long mantis sifu's who are really something! externally and internally

lol @ "you're fake! you're a punk! now come here and I'll prove it."

It's easy as hell to ask to people fly to you to prove themselves to you. Chances are they never will because it's not worth the time or the money. If you are the one with something to prove, if you are the one making accusations, then the responsability of providing evidence and reaching out to people is in your hands.

To Moashan:

Sir, I agree with you and I respect your passion. To say that I don't care about the state of Chinese martial arts would be untrue. Of course I do. And, I respect your passion for your chosen art. I also agree with your realistic aproach 100 %.

To Black Toaist: We've had this discusion before. Is it possible for a friend to hop on another friend's computer to post? If you can't understand this concept you might not get the rest of this post.

Again, I agree with your attitude towards training, I really do. However, coming on here and putting everyone else down proves what? Who do you know here? Just because no one wants to go to Brooklyn on their day off (imagine that) means the martial world is afraid of you? Who do you think you are, BlackToaist Mei defeating the Shoalin warrior monks? Get over it, people have school fulls of training partners and friends that they know to train with without the fear of some stranger taking it too far. What do I mean? When I have someone I have someone and find no need to follow through with "that" strike. The fact that you invite someone to play and suggest they bring a first aid kit says it all. Who wants to play with you then?

You do not know anyone here, what they have done, who they have fought. You yourself have cursed Park up and down here: have you gone to fight him yet? Is a three hour train ride too much to make that happen?

Of course your level is higher then most posters here, you are a teacher throwing tournaments. Your behavior should fit your position, your age and experience. If you want the respect you think you deserve, you should carry yourself respectfully.

Keep training hard, keep pushing the martial limits, but please, exercise some respect when dealing with other human beings.

Everyone here is doing the best they can to the level they are interested in. Example: Let's say you own a car. SHould I call you a stupid mother f*cker if the transmission fails and you can't fix it? Well, how can you have a car and not know how to fix it?

Along that same logic, how can some martial artist not be great fighters: they are not interested in it.

Look at your passion. Even at your level, have you signed up for the UFC yet?