Thread: Drunken Fist and Sash techniques

Drunken Fist and Sash techniques

How ya doin. I would like to ask if anyone has learned any drunken techniques or forms. also are there any sash training or fighting forms? Tao
    Worst things have happend at sea.

I learned a drunken set from my teacher last year, and it's a whole lot of fun. It's a demanding form, physically, and makes for a great workout. Do you have questions regarding drunken sets, or are you just wanting to know what's out there?

i would like to know all you can tell me about the specific techniques. i.e. leg placment, form names, types of training, etc.
    thanks. Tao
    Worst things have happend at sea.

Leung Ting has a book and video by Chan Kwok Kai (I think that's his name).

The 8 Drunken Immortals set can be used as a fighting set if used PROPERLY.

For that reason, I don't agree with a lot of the applications presented in Leung Ting's media.

drunken

The video from Shi Guolin of drunken fist is pretty good. Some of the techniques are not for beginners. I would suggest have good ground work before attempting some of the moves. I also have the 8 Drunken Immortals from Choy Lay Fut video. I don't like this as much as a drunken form. It is a practical drunken form and it shows you some individual techniques, but is not as showey as the Shaolin version of Shi Guolin. That tape also breaks down a few techniques, but doesn't show direct application on a person, but some of that should be fairly apparent if you've trained for a while. The Shi Guolin tape also shows drunken staff at the end, which is a nice bonus. Definitely the higher quality of the two tapes (practioner and quality wise). If you can, find a good teacher rather than learning from videos.