Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chow Gar Australia website

Cool Chow Gar Australia website

Hello all,

I have just finished uploading a website on the Chow Gar school in Brisbane, Australia. There are pictures of Sifu Paul Brennan and Grandmaster Ip Shui plus some video clips of the Grandmaster's last visit. Let me know what you think.
    http://www.chowgar.com.au

Also, if you practice Southern Mantis in Australia you may be interested in this letter from Grandmaster Ip Shui regarding the claims of a well known teacher claiming to be the Australian representative of the Chow Gar style:
    http://www.chowgar.com.au/letterset.htm

Any comments?

Thanks,
    David

Thumbs up Great Site....

Hi, just wanted to say what a great site you have there. It's amazing, my Sifu looks so young in those pictures.

Anyway, please give my regards to Sifu Paul Brennon, and hopefully I'll finally get to meet him in Hong Kong towards the end of the year. (Sifu speaks very highly of his Kung Fu and his character)

Keep up the good work.

Phu Le

Very nice website! I saw Grandmaster Ip Shui and his son in a japanese magazine about the chinese martial arts two months ago - very impressive too.

With respects,

Nice site. I'm pleased to see Chow Gar get another 'proper' site up. Respects to your sifu, David. Really enjoyed seeing grandmaster in the video clips - showing how it's done with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth

I won't be in HK for his birthday but he has my fullest respect.

-David

Talking

Grandmaster Henry Sue.........the topic keeps popping up...huh

You know is gonna be a **** fight....................

............................................to the end.

Anyway, I must say is a great site even I am with another group of tong long guys in Sunnybank.

Did you guys talk to Henry before loading up the info?

Best of luck anyway.......

Nice site. I have heard many kind words about Sifu Brennan. I will add a link to your site from my school (www.melbkungfu.com).
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Thanks for the comments. I've been working on the site on and off for about 9 months now and am relieved to finally have it up.

As for the Henry Sue issue- he refuses to take calls or see my Sifu despite being contacted a number of times. Sifu Paul was ready to just leave the issue and let his training speak for itself (we have had students migrate to our school over the years) until Henry Sue made these claims in the Courier Mail (state newspaper) to promote his business.

We have a good school and people who know know that Paul Brennan is the real representative. It's just disappointing to see the expansion of these other schools based on fabrications.

No offense was meant to anyone who has chosen to train with Henry Sue. All I am saying is that he is not authorised to represent the Chow Gar style and you should go and train a few nights with Sifu Paul Brennan to understand what you're missing out on.

great site

luv the video clips

friday

Question A rep or THE rep?

Forgive me, but the website in question seems to imply that
    Mr. Brennan is the sole rep for CG in AU. Is this right?

What about the other "legitimate" CG Sifus in AU?

?????????

BTW, the videos are great.

Bong

Yeah- that's right. There is only one nominated representative/custodian of the style in each country where it's practised and Sifu Paul Brennan is the one for Australia. The other Chow Gar Sifu's in Australia are still Sifu's but have just not been awarded this honour.

Thanks all for the feedback on the site! I have a heap of old pictures of Ip Shui (even one of him warming up for his famous challenge fight in Hong Kong against the Dragon Master) that I will be putting up as I get time.

Bye

oh yeah- link me if you have a site and send me requests for reciprocal links.

Very nice site, equilibrated in design and content.
    Very good you didn't use flash like everybody , I'm beginning to hate it

djh,

I have added the link to my site (www.melbukungfu.com).

I understand that Sifu Brennan is the nominated representative here in Australia - GM Sue is claiming some kind of sole representation on his site. What is that? Is it that he is a representative on Nat Yuen? I'm a little confused.

Cheers,
    Adam.

hmmm just wondering guys

does the sole representative depend on the lineage. say...there are two sifu in chow gar pai in Hong Kong each one selects a different representative in Australia. they are the sole reps of each sifu in Australia but not of the whole pai. particularly with all the branches that move from the one sifu or grandmaster etc. or does chow gar pai have a jeung moon yun (keeper of the style) and so only he can give this status to a particular individual?

for instance i might be the chief instructor of my sifu in Australia and be his sole representative under his lineage but there are other sifus in Australia in the same pai but a different branch who are the sole reps of their lineage etc. it just seems claims to sole rep status is ambiguous.

btw can u tell us a bit more about the dragon master challenge fight with your grandmaster Ip Shui?

i enjoyed watching the videos of Ip Shui doing some form work and drills with the students of your sifu Brennan. his hand work is quite quick. hope i havent mixed up the names

hmmm better make that clear it was just an example
    i'm nobody's rep or chief instructor!

I think we are asking the same questions friday.

Maybe the problem is that Henry Sue is not a representative of Ip Shui but rather a representative of another branch of Chow Gar?

I dunno!

I don't like politics all that much.

djh, please clarify.