Jeung Hung Sing : Victory to the Hung Mun
In the mountains of Chinas’ Guangxie Province in 1841, one of the famous 5 Ancestors of the Hung Mun Secret Society was living out the last days of his life when a 17 year old Jeung Ah Yim came searching for him. Once he learned of Jeung Ah Yim’s real purpose for being there he chose to take him on as a student and taught Jeung Ah Yim the art Fut Gar Kuen, taught him Chinese Medicine, and instilled the revolutionary spirit in him and personally groomed him to become a fighting squad commander called a Red Pole.

The Monk Ching Cho then renamed Jeung Ah Yim. The new name was Hung Sing which was a synonym for a 4 character slogan that refers to the Hung Mun winning the Victory. This 4 Character slogan is found on the flags of all 5 Hung Mun lodges as Winning the victory in overthrowing the Qing Empire was one of their strongest sentiments.

One of the most important bases for the Hung Mun was in the city of Fut San. Since a revolution was a bout to take place, the Green Grass Monk sent the newly named Jeung Hung Sing To Fut San to contact their leaders and open a location to begin teaching their freedom fighters.

Jeung Hung Sing’s gung fu swarmed over Fut San where entire neighborhoods were used as Hung Sing training halls (1849). Then in time with the Tai Ping Rebellion (1851) Jeung Hung Sing officially launched the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon. From that point forward, he and his disciples were involved with every major uprising in southern china including the 2nd Opium War, the Red Turban Revolt, and even defended the city of Fut San during the Japanese invasion, in which they later got a commendation from the government for protecting their country.

In 1832 a member of the Green Grass Monk’s lodge which later changed its name to the Ghee Kung Tong arrived to set up their lodge in San Francisco. Here, the Hung Sing lineage once again reconnected on this continent with the Hung Mun in the 1930’s and has continued on through the present day.
But, the original Hung Sing name did eventually bring on some negative attention and Jeung Hung Sing was forced to change his schools name to avoid further drama.

Although the new Hung Sing name was less obvious, it was filled with a few connections to the Green Grass monk. This name change took place sometime prior or just after the passing of Chan Heung in 1875. And according to the Chan Family, it’s possible the name also stood for “Lofty Achievements” since Jeung Hung Sing was recognized for being one of southern China’s greatest fighters.

洪勝 The original name given to Jeung Ah Yim by the Green Grass Monk.
Victory to the Hung Mun

鴻勝 The new name Jeung Ah Yim used to replace the original.
Glorious Victory

I am proud to be from a long line of fighters, as well as members of the Hung Mun. I am honored to carry the same rank once shared by Jeung Hung Sing, Lau Bun, Jew Leong, my sifu, and even my brother Dr. Sun Yat Sen. Long Live the Hung Sing lineage.

洪 * 門 *.´. * 三 * 川 * 口 * 四 * 二 * 六 * 2B1A1

Congratulations Grandmaster Frank, you are now the founder of a new style or a new branch of CLF! We can now all kowtow to you, Grandmaster Frank.

XJ