Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Five Ancestors: Wuzhuquan/Ngo Cho Kuen

What are the stances in Ngo Cho Kun?

Greetings,

I am answering your question here: http://ngochokun.proboards52.com

Thank you.

Good thread you guys...interesting style!. I would love to see more of the Monkey combat usage...I do a derivative of Hop Gar and I'm 6 foot four 185 pounds cut...My great grand father was 6 foot 4 and 150 pounds when he won a bronze medal for boxing in the world war 2 olympics and he was in the navy...that reach for a tall fit person is impeccable against the average joe...most people are about 5 foot ten... Hop Gar long fists fit my frame perfectly. What yall wrote about the monkey is good for small guys sounds like the oppossitte of what I train, and that really intrigues me!.

Hi guys.

Can someone tell me how "Ngo Cho Kun" is pronounced?

Thanx
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

I'm pretty sure its like.... No so Kune.

so I've been told.

"ng" requires a nasal voice. so "ngo" is pronounced like "go" with a nasal voise. It means "five". The Japanese pronunciation of "go" is identical to it. This sound is not available in English. Some Fujian dialects pronounce it as "go". So, if it is hard, "go" is find (like in "go away"). "Cho" is pronounced like "joe" but with "ch" instead of "j", a bit lighter. "kun" is like "goon" but with a "k" instead of a "g"

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    ...My great grand father was 6 foot 4 and 150 pounds when he won a bronze medal for boxing in the world war 2 olympics....
    What WW2 Olympics?
    There were no Olympic Games held during either WW1 (1916) or WW2 (1940 & 1944).

Thanx for the replies so far, guys.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

You will find more info if you go to the board I mentioned above. NCKers are congregating there.

Ngo Cho Kun Eng Chun

5 ancestor Eng Chun?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody hear of Ngo Cho Wing Chun USA Group?
    The emblem at the bottom of the pic looks like the same Ngo Cho Kun Eng Chun from Indonesia but with name "Ngo Cho Wing Chun USA Group".

5 ancestor Wing Chun anyone?

Blog Entries
    i mean really! you have a wing chun area to place this mess.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Question

Sorry but are there any Ngo Cho practicers here?

From the past on "Ngo cho kun" thread

This is the same teacher brought up in the Ngo Cho thread back in 2007. I hear lots of people say Lin has Lo Han Kung Fu mixed with Vikoga wing chun. Its clear that from Ngo Cho Kun that one of the 5 ancestors was Lo Han. In Indo styles are mixed, so maybe Lin sees nothing wrong with making up stuff and telling as truth.

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...0&postcount=27
    There are, of course, other teachers from different lineages. However, I don't know about them enough to recommend their instructions. These include (there could be more):

- Bonifacio Lim (Beng Kiam)- NJ area
    - Ben Asuncion (Beng Kiam) - LA, CA area
    - Mark Wiley (Bengkiam) - CO area if I am not mistaken.
    - Jose Parman (I forgot) - San Jose, CA area
    - John Graham (Chee Kim Tong) - Mobile, AL (more of his students in AL area)
    - Kenneth Lim in VA area. He advertises more as a Wing Chun and Hokkian Eng Chun styles, but one of his teachers is from Gui In Lam lineage.
    - Kam Lee (A Malaysian lineage that I forgot) in FL
    - Lo Ban Teng group as represented by Lo Siauw Gok's lineage is ready to start teaching in USA. Lo Hak Lun, Lo Siauw Gok's son states that hopefully it will happen in less than a year.

It is unethical for me to comment on Bonifacio
    http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...t=49287&page=2

The noise about black flag wing chun is getting clear but why is Ngo Cho Eng Chun taking a hit because of Lin?

dman these wing chun fools and their spreading their stupid political arguments across the whole forums. get out of here with this junk.

you have your own dang forum to go and bicker about your 3 sets, two weapons and a dummy.

but seriously
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    I agree. If we wanted to know anything about wing chun, we would visit the wing chun section of this whole forum. but, no one cares about the drama in your system here. this here is for Hung Kuen and Choy Lee Fut types. so flap your "wing"s chun back to the wing chun section and bicker about your issues there.

see ya wouln't wanna be ya! don't let let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better