Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some students just need more help than you are capable of giving.....

Talking Some students just need more help than you are capable of giving.....

I gave a test to my intermediate students tonight. Just to see what they would come up with!!! It was on Tan Tui. I printed up a page with the names of the lines....seeing if they could decipher what they were named for. Well, here's what I got from one of my students. Enjoy.

1. Coherent Steps ~ Not Drunken style.

2. Cross Kick~ Closing the refridgerator door.

3. Slash and Squash ~ Getting thingy stepped on.

4. Uphold Palm ~ Doing it one handed

5. Uphold fist and shoot ~ Using fist on private

6. Crook and sprinkle ~ Taking a leak.

7. Flowery Bending ~ Rash on butt.

8. Stamp and Thread ~ French Tickler

9. Lock and stick ~ Grab and Thrust

10. Flying Kick ~ Air Jordan

UM, something tells me we have a problem here!! What do you guys think??

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Weird arse teacher, weird arse students

With a student that can think out-of-the-box to that degree, instant promotion to brown and let 'em ponder on that for the next 6 years...

nospam.

I took a class in economics and there was a question on the test from some reading I hadn't done. I knew I aced everything else and could afford to get the question wrong. Besides, the guy just had acumen in spades. He was one of those people you just knew you couldn't B.S. It would just pi$$ him off. The question was about trade barriers and my answer was this:

'I think trade barriers are a good thing except that they use too much brick. I also think that Richard Gere is a Good actor and quite a fine Buddhist. So, I don't care what he does with Girbils.'

Teacher gave me half credit. I thought it was a mistake but he called it to my attention later. "Are you curious about why I gave you half credit for that question?"

"A little bit."

"I was grading those tests at 4a.m. and your answer woke me up. I had to give you something for that."
    Last edited by eulerfan; 11-09-2002 at 11:50 AM.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

I'm sure all the

sexual double-entendres (sp) were quite purposely written.

Hey, if I had a sifu like you, baby doll, I wouldn't learn a thing. But I'd definitely pay attention
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

Talking

My favorite has to be the 'Air Jordan'
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

good answer eulerfan, it go with your name, a child with simple answer.

LOFL~
    He's definetly a different one!! He's got great kung fu....but he's definetly NOT understanding something!!!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Thumbs up

I still have not worked out that Gere-Gerbil connection...
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

well, the details would require this thread to get deleted and me to get banned, so let's do this very vaguely:

wild rumor has it that gere likes it when small furry animals are in his large intestine, and he doesn't eat them to get them there.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I did all that stuff wushuchik spoke of before in my life.

That's part of training.

And despite all that, I'm still training.

Originally posted by eulerfan
    I took a class in economics and there was a question on the test from some reading I hadn't done. I knew I aced everything else and could afford to get the question wrong. Besides, the guy just had acumen in spades. He was one of those people you just knew you couldn't B.S. It would just pi$$ him off. The question was about trade barriers and my answer was this:

'I think trade barriers are a good thing except that they use too much brick. I also think that Richard Gere is a Good actor and quite a fine Buddhist. So, I don't care what he does with Girbils.'

Teacher gave me half credit. I thought it was a mistake but he called it to my attention later. "Are you curious about why I gave you half credit for that question?"

"A little bit."

"I was grading those tests at 4a.m. and your answer woke me up. I had to give you something for that."
    In a philosophy exam at Melbourne Uni, the paper had one question ' why?'. Apparently, one guy simply wrote 'why not?' and got up and left.

Thought you might appreciate that, eulerfan.

Now as for your student Wen - it seems that your influence is rubbing off on him (ah, no pun intended...really).
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Originally posted by TaoBoy
    Now as for your student Wen - it seems that your influence is rubbing off on him (ah, no pun intended...really).
    LOFL~ Smartass!!

~Wen~

In a philosophy exam at Melbourne Uni, the paper had one question ' why?'. Apparently, one guy simply wrote 'why not?' and got up and left.
    This must be an urban legend because I have heard the same story except it was at Sydney Uni and the student got full marks for his reply.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by joedoe

This must be an urban legend because I have heard the same story except it was at Sydney Uni and the student got full marks for his reply.
    I love urban legends.

The other version of the story says that he answered "because", that's what I would have written.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au