Hey, I found the Dragon style web page with a name similar to the guy I was looking for; but i'm sure it's a different style and lineage. Here's the URL, it's pretty interesting: http://www.sojournpast.com

I just had a few questions- you said you think what I studied was a hakka style; but not one of the southern mantis families right? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not chow gar or chu gar, because we still kept things like horse stances, and our forms had "typical" five animal mobility/stance transitions/footwork. Some of the hand positions were similar to some of what I saw on the bamboo temple home page- however, in the form I learned, this guard position was done in a deep horse stance, as opposed to the standard stances found in the southern mantis families. Phoenix-eye fists and leopard punches were common, both in the mantis and the 5 animal forms.

Otherwise, I've not received any documentation from anybody I've tried to contact. I guess they don't like me. :~( heheh

Sorry, I didn't stick this in an e-mail, but my address book got nuked. I was also wondering if anyone else might know anything about Green Dragon 5 animal and mantis.
Thanks