Hi again,

That technique you descirbed sounds familiar. I am not that familiar with the Southern Mantis systems so I can say it is or is not a SM technique. But, I would like to find out as well. Hopefully there will be more input on this from other later.

The reason that it is familiar is that it seems like it is the one of the snake techniques from the Five Animals system or that from Fujian White Crane/LAMA system ( the highest form). One can help but think that there is but one way to fight (Bruce Lee's saying). Aren't your school is based on the Five Animals?

Sarm Bo Tyui means "Three step Pushing". I call it the "base art" as in the fundation which a system builds on . A version of its techniques is like this.

In a left stance, Left finger jab.
Right cross
Step up/same stance(bic bo), double handed push. (this is done with Mor Kiu technique)

Which area are you at or will be at. I can try to find the info for you. I heard of someone in NY, Florida, Canada. Sifu Yip Wing Hon has 2 tapes on Dragon Style. Mostly, Fundamentals. He is in NY.

I think I'll post something on Dragon Style later. So please be patient. Meantime, it's fast and strong with twist and Zig Zag patterned footwork. It has lots of fists/bridge strikes than the claw. The system is structed with the image of the Dragon not just the usual "claw thing". It looks more like Boxing than tradition Dragon as seem in the Five animal system. It looks also close to the SM systems as it is one of the Hakka systems.

Hope this will help, will chat later...

Mantis108

Mantis108