Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOD? or?

GOD? or?

Long ass thread on e-budo. Good read.......

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=15021
    strike!

And you are posting this.... WHY, exactly???
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

Dude I just read that whole thing. Interesting. Good discussion.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

JusticeZero: you are responding to this thread WHY, exactly???

My reasons were posted.

Anyways, there is good stuff in that thread if your interested in logic, debate, quantumn physics, basic pysics, and various theological, philosophical, religious, and scientific koolness. Many links posted as well.

btw, ttt.
    strike!

I'm not about to read through that thread.

But, I did see a very funny truck a few times. Said

G.O.D.
    Guaranteed Overnight Delivery

Could someone summarize that for me? Don't have much time right now.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Ewallace,

The first page was just the typical banter about symantics. The should know that PAGAN stands for People Against Goodness And Niceness.

Yeah, nice people suck.

Signed,
    - The mean people
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Yes, I read through the whole thing. Phew! They've finally settled all philosophical and moral debates, as well as semantic ones regarding God, us, and the Universe. To all those who said it couldn't be done, I say, why the pessimism? Boy those folks have got it going on over at E-budo.

Seriously, the only interesting post was by elder999, who posted some theistic/deistic quotes from major scientists. The rest was rehash of material and prejudices I'm sure we've all seen before.

I found it whiny
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by fa_jing
    Seriously, the only interesting post was by elder999, who posted some theistic/deistic quotes from major scientists. The rest was rehash of material and prejudices I'm sure we've all seen before.
    Spoken like a true blinkered theist.

Are you?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Going and going...

Originally posted by fa_jing
    Yes, I read through the whole thing. Phew! They've finally settled all philosophical and moral debates, as well as semantic ones regarding God, us, and the Universe. To all those who said it couldn't be done, I say, why the pessimism? Boy those folks have got it going on over at E-budo.

Truthfully, compared to this forum, they do have it going on. I would have to agree about the esoteric vs. the physics proof stuff. Both are inclusive, though. Again I say, Formulating an entirely new concept is not the same as proving (i.e.: Reiterating) the validity of something with formulas. Faith is the key to all things. Just knowing is the real truth....

I'm not going near that thing.

They weren't trying to marry science and religion, were they? Prove the existence of God with a charm quark or something? I hate that. I want the two as far from each other as possible.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

How about the religious ramifications of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle? That one is always fun. Did they touch on that?
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

No. They spent more time arguing semantics and then harassing each other over what proof was, as opposed to evidence, theory, hypothesis.

Peppered throughout were people saying I don't believe in superstition, you can prove god. Others came back with you can't prove love or 1, etc.

However, there were some very interesting viewpoints and a lot of subjects were discussed around the main thrust of argument. Not a bad read, but a long one!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching