Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuen Kuit

Can't stop laughing... Too funny.

Who would have thought, the best post on this thread..from T.

Make it a sticky..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Let's all have a group hug and thank Hendrik for his contribution. Yes, he does things differently, but that is what this forum should be all about: uncritical acceptance of anyone's ideas and practices. Redicule, sarcasm, irony, critical thinking, and all other forms of "negative energy" are merely the tools of people who have agendas and are stroking their own egos in a vain attempt to prove themselves right. Aren't we better than that?

Don't let this worthwhile discussion get sidetracked by those who only want to promote their own agendas. People without positive contributions -- and I don't mean this as a negative criticism -- to the discussion at hand should show some self control and refrain from jumping in and trying to forward their own agenda, citing things like logic, common sense, asking for evidence, and the like. Set those things aside. It's good to be exposed to differing points of view and thereby build a better understanding of the various methods available.

I know that I, for one, am very interested in how 1 + tomato soup = Tuesday.

let's all sing along come on just the girls, now the boys, every body http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvx8OVWaqg
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 02-25-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    To those who seriously search into WCK Kuen kuit in the past, present, and future.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15oB...eature=related
    so basically, the message is to get drunk and post random links; got it;

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    That silence is most apparent on the threads on which you do not post.
    I think you just closed the forum w/that; if not the entire intern3tz...

weren't you paying attention?!? ok, since you obviously missed it the first time:
    To those who seriously search into WCK Kuen kuit in the past, present, and future.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15oB...eature=related
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 02-25-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Shazam, Batman!!!
    <In low voice> I'mmmmmmm Batman!!!
    Let's all have a group hug and thank Hendrik for his contribution. Yes, he does things differently, but that is what this forum should be all about: uncritical acceptance of anyone's ideas and practices. Redicule, sarcasm, irony, critical thinking, and all other forms of "negative energy" are merely the tools of people who have agendas and are stroking their own egos in a vain attempt to prove themselves right. Aren't we better than that?
    Hi t_niehoff,

If you perceive ridicule and/or "negative energy" in my first two posts it is energy you brought with you.

I have done nothing that Hendrik has not done himself when he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrik
    I am trying to get people out of their spinning mind with any tool.
    And I have honestly set about to guide him in the best manner I know how, just as he does. He truly does not seem to understand his own spinning mind or his own dream fantasy. How is he to discover his errors if someone doesn’t generously take the time to show him? He is a novice who appears to fancy himself a master when in truth he is a novice in need of a master.

Instead of being critical yourself perhaps you and Hendrik should be, once again in the words of Hendrik:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik
    thanking me going through everything to communicate what is the "SILENCE"
    I have done nothing more or less than Hendrik....I provided him with constructive criticism to his posts as he does for others. I was also generous in that I did not critique EVERYTHING he misunderstands, but only used selected passages. If no one takes the time to be generous and provide constructive criticism, how is he to discern between what he thinks he knows and what he misunderstands and what he truly knows and understands. His understanding is incomplete. He is still young in his journey and he allows his robotic mind to spin and create his own dream fantasy, and he clearly does not perceive this for himself.
    Don't let this worthwhile discussion get sidetracked by those who only want to promote their own agendas. People without positive contributions -- and I don't mean this as a negative criticism -- to the discussion at hand should show some self control and refrain from jumping in and trying to forward their own agenda, citing things like logic, common sense, asking for evidence, and the like. Set those things aside. It's good to be exposed to differing points of view and thereby build a better understanding of the various methods available.
    Everyone has an agenda, you have one, Hendrik has one, I have one, etc. There is nothing wrong with having an agenda. Every thread, post etc, reflects a separate and distinct agenda. Whether a post is considered a positive or negative contribution is determined by one’s own personal agenda. If you perceive a negative agenda it is your own spinning robotic mind creating a dream fantasy of a glass half empty, rather than a glass half full.

As with Hendrik, and all of us for that matter, it would be more beneficial for you to perceive your own agenda, negative contributions, and negative attitude rather than projecting your own dream fantasy onto others.

It is important, I would think, that if one is concerned about the agendas of others they should face their own first. There is nothing inappropriate about asking for, “things like logic, common sense, asking for evidence, and the like”. Not everyone perceives, learns and understands in the same manner. Not everyone has the same level of learning and understanding. When your own agenda will not allow for the need of others to understand according to their own manner you rob them of the opportunity to learn and grow further. When you do not allow others to post according to there own agenda, and not just yours, or the ones you accept as valid, it makes it appear you are insisting that others learn the same way you do, which is a bit selfish, don’t you think?
    It makes perfect sense if one is willing to delve into the context of what it was responding too. It might take a little work to figure out, but if you wish to take a guess or two I will be happy to help you find the answer.

I'm sure there's some humor or sarcasm in the last few posts, but they are too much of a FRAT for me to read.

Just remember that you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Hi t_niehoff,
    If you perceive ridicule and/or "negative energy" in my first two posts it is energy you brought with you.
    Was I too subtle?

It is just a super simple thing.

What is blanking one off from one's infinity is the mind. The mind blocks it.

So, drop the mind, and the being-ness surface. There the body will do much much better then before the dropping.

However, Dropping the mind is a big problem because there require technics or Dharma or methods or Fatt in Chinese to be able to do it.

The technics or methods are usually in the Kuit. and also, there are sequence in the technics or process. usually, without a transmission, one can read the kuit literaly but cant enter because one might not know how to handle the sequence and or the weight of the process steps. In ancient China, only those who is an inner circle student will know these critical key.

Thus, a legit sifu with attainment and transmission of the lineage one study is extremely important
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-25-2010 at 05:27 PM.

hendrik gets all his information from chinese google

he tried to bullsh1t about northern kung fu training in some thread, except he got the info from 72 shaolin secret arts pdf

he said tree hugging skill, a weight lifting excercise involves actually hugging a tree and absorbing its chi

rofl
    Last edited by bawang; 02-25-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Those who really like to learn, my suggestion is asked first who is the sifu of the person who preach and where did him got the attainment and transmission.
    There is no such thing as "transmission" -- skill doesn't come via transmission, it comes from learning the skill and then practicing the skill.

Nor is there "attainment" -- there are just varying degrees of skill.

For people who think in terms of "transmission" and "attainment", I offer the following:

Do not seek attainment or transmission,
    Both are dualities: Fundamentally Empty and Void.
    That which is Not Empty nor Void is Skill,
    This is the athlete's genuine form.

However, Dropping the mind is a big problem ...
    dropping the mind isn't a problem around here - people do it usually right before they press "Submit Reply" on the post editor.

It's finding the mind once they've dropped it that seems to be the difficulty.

IMHO, you should buy a good book on the subject matter discussed by Hendrik. You don't have to practice this stuff but it would help for you to have an understanding of the concepts and methodologies that which you so blindly ridicule.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 02-25-2010 at 05:49 PM.

for those in China, Taiwan, and SEA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJzfH9RVpAU

It is just a super simple thing.

What is blanking one off from one's infinity is the mind. The mind blocks it.
    Mind is always there, it never disappears. It is not the mind, per se, that blocks the infinity mind, it is confusion, or misperception caused by clinging. But if one wanted to say it was the mind that blocks the infinity mind, one would also have to say it is the mind that unblocks the infinity mind! The common denominator is mind. Mind, mind, mind…..there is no ceasing of thought, there is no ceasing of mind, there is no ceasing of the function of mind, the only thing that ceases is clinging.

So, drop the mind, and the being-ness surface. There the body will do much much better then before the dropping.
    It isn’t so much you are wrong Hendrik, as incomplete in your understanding. It is true the body performs much better when the spinning mind is not in control of the body, but if one is only going half way, they are not enjoying the benefits of going all the way.

You are only going half way here. The idea of “Being” is still the spinning mind, if you do not understand this then you have more to understand, if you do understand this than it is irresponsible to not be more clear.

It is impossible to drop the mind. Mind IS! You cannot drop it, avoid it, extinguish it, silence it! However, mind may function in a more effective manner. This is accomplished by letting go of clinging. It isn’t spinning mind that causes the inefficient use of Mind, it is clinging of any kind, including clinging to the idea of a spinning mind, robotic mind, or dream fantasy!

However, Dropping the mind is a big problem because there require technics or Dharma or methods or Fatt in Chinese to be able to do it.
    This too is an erroneous view. The use of techniques is still attachment to the “idea of purity” as Hui-Neng teaches. Attachments are the problem, not the mind per se. You cannot polish a brick using another brick. You cannot let go of attachments by becoming attached to something else such as techniques, Dharma, methods, etc.. You do not put out a fire by adding more fuel! You cannot end clinging by clinging to a method to end clinging!

The technics or methods are usually in the Kuit. and also, there are sequence in the technics or process. usually, without a transmission, one can read the kuit literaly but cant enter because one might not know how to handle the sequence and or the weight of the process steps. In ancient China, only those who is an inner circle student will know these critical key.

Thus, a legit sifu with attainment and transmission of the lineage one study is extremely important
    And this is attachment to Master, transmission, techniques, methods, and kuit!

Having a teacher is certainly a benefit at times, but when ones teacher does not understand his own spinning mind all he does is help keep the students’ minds spinning. This causes the student to believe they have stopped their own spinning mind when in fact all they have done is change the kind of spin their mind is engaged in. If one does not recognize their own spinning mind, they cannot effectively help others recognize their own!

Was I too subtle?
    Perhaps so, or my own agenda clouded my understanding of yours in my own mind, LOL!

I am happy to be corrected if I misunderstood your meaning!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Mind is always there, it never disappears. It is not the mind, per se, that blocks the infinity mind, it is confusion, or misperception caused by clinging. But if one wanted to say it was the mind that blocks the infinity mind, one would also have to say it is the mind that unblocks the infinity mind! The common denominator is mind. Mind, mind, mind…..there is no ceasing of thought, there is no ceasing of mind, there is no ceasing of the function of mind, the only thing that ceases is clinging.
    Myself, I practice mind over matter. I don't mind, therefore it doesn't matter