Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Kuen Kuit

ahh, so it appears I've been posting in a bunch of 2010 threads, fml.

The Kuit Kuen - Is it Worthless

Is the Kuit Kuen a bunch of nonsense writings for philospical non-fighters to debate about out or meditate endlessly on the meanings while never coming to the knowledge of truth?

Or is it something valuble that should be cherished and respected and kept and studied and applied to make your Wing Chun better.

Topics or sayings Many will dispute

- Iron fingers can strike a vital point at once.

- The phoenix eye punch has no compassion.

- Fak Sau, Ginger Fist, and Guide Bridge; their movements are closely coordinated and hard to defend and nullify.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

If one had proper training and can use what you learned then one does not need any kuen kit. You are a walking breathing Kuen Kit.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Yoshiyahu is on a roll--- topic after topic. Taking the kuen kuit literally may not be of much help.
    With a good bit of wing chun development and guidance, the kuit could sharpen intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Is the Kuit Kuen a bunch of nonsense writings for philospical non-fighters to debate about out or meditate endlessly on the meanings while never coming to the knowledge of truth?

Or is it something valuble that should be cherished and respected and kept and studied and applied to make your Wing Chun better.
    There are two types of Kuen Kuit:
    1. The types that sounds good but really says nothing. They are just for marketing.
    2. The ones that summarize very important fighting methods in a few short words. Those are the ones that you really need to work on.

I posted this yesterday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrto6LJC7NQ
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post

FWIW It's neither imho.

Kuen Kuit has been publically available for many years, and most of it draws from one single source. I think, if memory serves me well, it was Moy Yat who was assigned the job of making specific chops that held the kuit, given to him by Ip Man. So on reflection, Ip Man thought they had worth for the next generations imho.

I was taught a method we referred to as Hao Kuit, simply spoken verse, that my Sifu would repeat over and over again whilst we were training so in many respects without that type of learning I wouldn't have the ideas I have today. And some would say that's a good thing!! lol!

But there is a danger of students, who have never been taught this way, who try to grab what's available and apply it to their own teaching. This is where I feel the whole thing collapses, because proper kuit needs to be transmitted from Sifu to student.

Now, I used to get worried that some students could steal Sifus teachings from the wall (or the many handouts he used to give out!) but he was never too concerned. This is because he knew that it all needs a set beginning, middle and end to be fully understood and he also knows who went through that particular martial door!!

So, no. ANY kuit is not worthless! But beware false interpretations because unfortunately there are people who have never learnt this way who are now trying to teach this way. MENTAL!
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 10-31-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

To quote the B-man !
    "it is like a finger, pointing the way to the man, don't concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

[QUOTE=LoneTiger108;1140292]FWIW It's neither imho.

Kuen Kuit has been publically available for many years, and most of it draws from one single source. I think, if memory serves me well, it was Moy Yat who was assigned the job of making specific chops that held the kuit, given to him by Ip Man. So on reflection, Ip Man thought they had worth for the next generations imho.

============================================

FWIW. Yes -Moy Yat put some kuit on chops. That does not mean that he was asigned by IM to put the kuit on the chops.There are some more kuits which are also legitimate but are not on the chops. IM did not spout the kuit in classes.
    , IMO.

From what I've learned and come to understand...The Kuen Kit and Hao Kit are usually the same thing. Without a good knowledge and level of skill of the system (both Kuen Kit and Hao Kit, again from what I know, are not specific to just Ving Tsun kung fu) it is really not that useful.

In a way, the question of "is the kuen kit/hao kit useless?" is like asking "is wisdom passed on from others useless?" Just because knowledge is being passed down in a verbal written/spoken doesn't necessarily mean that it will be applicable to the person receiving it. Even the best of advice is useless to the ones who cant use it when they receive it (whether it be because of their lack of knowledge,understanding, skill, etc)

just my 2c
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    To quote the B-man !
    "it is like a finger, pointing the way to the man, don't concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory".
    Please don't mind the modification: "It is like a finger pointing the way to the man, if you just concentrate on the finger, you will get b$tch slapped".

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    To quote the B-man !
    I sure hope you meant moon! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Yoshiyahu is on a roll--- topic after topic. Taking the kuen kuit literally may not be of much help.
    With a good bit of wing chun development and guidance, the kuit could sharpen intuition.
    good post buddY!!!!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"