Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuen Kuit

Phew indeed!!!

As I thought, there are no definitive answers but this is probably a good thing. Everything should be subject to personal interpretation and expression.

However, all responses have been of high quality and are thought provoking. I have a lot to think about know.

Many thanks for everyone's time and effort. It's all much appreciated.

?? 4 Yaunfen on Fong's Books on Kuen Kuit,

Hey Yuanfen,

2 Questions for you:

#1 - Are these "out of print" books the same ones that tell of Fong's "Golden Ribbon Boxer" challenge match defending Ho Kam Ming's school in Hong Kong?

#2 - Who's the publisher of those books that are out of print? Do you have an address in which interested parties could purchase?

Originally posted by PaulH
    Phew! Hendrik's done it again! I think I will send you all my Gary Lam's collection of Kuen Kuits so you can annotate them at your pleasure. ..
    Thanks for Gary's collection in Advance.

Dont you know by now that I am a pokemon ?

I love wck pokemon cards collection too
    and I read mind and copy thier implementation. hehehe

Originally posted by Phenix
    Dont you know by now that I am a pokemon ?

ROFLOL!! I believe you are!
    - kj

Originally posted by kj

ROFLOL!! I believe you are!
    - kj
    Sister KJ,

Jiglypuff here !

Hendrik,

Just PM or e-mail me PaulH@superbainc.com your address. I'll send you the Kuits. Thanks.

Regards,
    PH

Originally posted by PaulH
    Hendrik,

Just PM or e-mail me PaulH@superbainc.com your address. I'll send you the Kuits. Thanks.

Regards,
    PH
    Pual,

Thanks. I will.

Jiglypuff.

Look...We don't have to get all esoteric about this...it's really not all that difficult to understand:

Remember the first part of #6: Detain what comes ?

And #7 - Upon loss of contact, strike ahead ?

If you lose contact with a limb (ie.- his arm)...strike ahead to his body or head/face, etc.

Well...Should there be any surprise that 10 through 13 expand upon these concepts ?

10) If you can hit the shape (body or head/face) - HIT IT !...."If there is a shape, hit the shape."

11) If there is no body to hit (ie.- distance is too far)...STRIKE/KICK THE LIMBS (arms/legs)...."If there is no shape, hit the shadow".

12) If there are limbs (ie. an arm)... keep detaining it...(see #6 again)...THAT DOESN'T MEAN TO CHASE IT...JUST DETAIN IT !(or "stick" to it)...."If there is a shadow, keep detaining it."

13) No limbs to detain (or hit) - BREAK. HERE WE ARE BEING REMINDED NOT TO CHASE THEM...and then attack the center....."No shadow/break/attack the center."

13)

Victor,

Good points!

On the pole not making more than one sound---

preferably no sound-one strike and its over. Sometimes-
    you control the other weapon once and you slip in...
    two sounds? You are begiining losing- after that you have lost.

I would like to suggest an alternate, literal interpretation. When you are first learning to use a stick or pole, you do not understand how to apply the proper time/force curve (determined by the weapon weight, length, and flexibility). As a result, when you hit a hard surface, your weapon will bounce away slightly, and hit again a fraction of a second later, making two sounds.

Once you have gained some experience, you can impart all your force in a single solid blow. One sound, no bounce.
    Do not attempt to share your interest in martial arts with pedantic,
    narrow-minded scholars. As soon as they find out, they will quote from
    the classics and regale you with all kinds of irrelevant nonsense. This is
    infuriating.
    --Ch'ang Nai-chou

Ah that makes sense about the 2 sounds. I have done acorn training. This is where you go outside near an acorn tree. Strike every acorn on the ground you see with the long pole and try and crack them open. Its fun and a lot harder than you think.

Ving Tsun Kuen Kuit

I would like to purchase a copy of Ving Tsun Kuen Kuit by Moy Yat & C N Kwong 1982.....If you have any information on where I may find a copy for have a copy for sale please email me directly or post .........

You might be able to get it at the vtmuseum.org website. In your opinion, what is the best instructional video series showing traditional wing chun? Just wondering.
    Last edited by guroMARV; 03-31-2004 at 03:45 PM.
    "Yeah, BABY!"

Ving Tsun Kuen Kuit

I don't know if anyone knows, but Moy yat's book Ving Tsun Kuen Kuit is back in print. I saw it on eBay and they have a website, too.

I have an original copy of the book from my old days as his student.