Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Threats and Challenges

Pierre Flores

Canadian wing chun master Pierre Flores wants to strike a blow for martial arts against Xu Xiaodong

‘The way he does it is wrong. It is not right to assume all martial arts are fake,’ says Pierre-Francois Flores, who wins latest bout in less than a minute
    The 43-year-old Flores caused stir in 2017 when he challenged Vietnamese kung fu ‘fraud’ Huynh Tan Kiet
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 2:41pm, 3 Jul, 2019

Pierre-Francois Flores (left) wants to fight Xu Xiaodong to get revenge for wing chun. Photos: YouTube

Outspoken Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong has been challenged by yet another wing chun master who says he is looking to defend the honour of traditional martial arts – but this one is Canadian and actually won a few fights.
    Pierre-Francois Flores was in Hanoi last week and beat amateur fighter Luu Cuong under kick-boxing rules – though he was reportedly 12kg heavier than his opponent.
    The 43-year-old caused a stir in 2017 when he competed in a full-contact bout with a local karate practitioner. The unsanctioned fight at a secret location was “in the spirit of friendship and martial arts”, according to his opponent, Doan Bao Chau, whom Flores dropped twice.
    Flores had originally planned to travel to Vietnam to challenge Huynh Tan Kiet, the founder and “grandmaster” of Nam Huynh Dao. Flores believes Kiet is a fraud for claiming he can channel electricity through his body to perform martial arts – so in that regard he has something in common with Xu.

Xu has also made it his mission to expose “fake” kung fu – but Flores said Xu has made him angry and he wants to get revenge for wing chun.
    Flores, who likes to promote respect between fighters, said he also wants to prove that the old traditional martial arts still have some values.
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Continued from previous post

“I was the first to accept a match with him, and I made it clear in the press,” Flores told Vietnamese media. “There is nothing complicated here.
    “Xu Xiaodong may not have known who I was two years ago when I ‘knocked on his door’. Now it all depends on whether he wants to open the door or not.
    “The way he does it is wrong. It is not right to assume that all martial arts are fake,” Flores added. “That is the mistake of Xu Xiaodong. There are good and bad things, but you can’t equate them all.”
    Flores’ latest win took less than a minute. It was determined Luu was unable to continue after a spinning back elbow.
    “Thank you Luu Cuong for this exchange! It was really nice to exchange with you,” Flores wrote on Facebook.
    Flores has also called for a fight with professional Vietnamese boxer Truong Dinh Hoang, who turned down the challenge because he is preparing for the Southeast Asian Games in the Philippines later this year.
    “If anyone wants to organise my match with Flores and my entire ticket sales and remuneration, I will devote everything to charity,” Truong said. “Then everyone would be allowed to watch it properly. It benefits all people and society.
    “Why do I talk about organising a decent match with ticket sales? Because there are so many people who want to see me and Flores fight. Why not have a good match, and still do many useful things for society?
    “I’ve never tried to escape before. I am a boxer and my job is to fight.”
    THREADS
    Threats and Challenges

Xu Xiaodong Challenges to Kung Fu
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Pierre Flores

I'm disappointed that there aren't more practitioners showing up on Xu's doorstep. I've had a few people submit articles 'answering' Xu with theory, but that's not the way. If anything, that just shows how out of touch those writers are.

We published a genuine challenge response two years ago, but it was never answered. See Tai Chi’s Nick Osipczak Answers Xu Xiaodong’s Defeat of Wei Lei by Andrew Judge

Mixed Martial Arts
    Canadian wing chun master Pierre Flores turns up outside Xu Xiaodong’s gym in Beijing to issue challenge
    Pierre Francois Flores says the outspoken Chinese MMA fighter is a ‘brave warrior’ but is confident he can beat him
    ‘I am here to prove to Xu Xiaodong another version of wing chun’
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 4:21pm, 11 Jul, 2019

Pierre Francois Flores says he turned up at Xu Xiaodong’s gym to challenge the Chinese MMA fighter. Photo: Facebook/Pierre Francois Flores

Canadian wing chun master Pierre Francois Flores has taken things a step further in his bid to challenge Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong.
    Flores flew from Vietnam to China this week and turned up outside the outspoken 41-year-old’s gym in Chaoyang District, Beijing. “Mad Dog” was seemingly not there, but that didn’t stop Flores, who wants to strike a blow for traditional martial arts against Xu, from talking some smack.
    “He’s a very brave warrior, and I know him because I watch his training, he’s just like a lion,” Flores said of Xu. “But there’s a saying in Vietnam – before you get into the battle, know yourself, and know your opponent. When you do, you know the result of the battle.
    “And I know Xu Xiaodong, and I know myself and I know what’s gonna be the result. That’s why I’m here. To prove to Xu Xiaodong there’s many other wing chun versions to face, and I am only one of the many.”
    Two years ago, Xu issued an open challenge to all traditional martial artists after dishing out a brutal 10-second beating to the so-called tai chi master Wei Li, launching his mission to expose “fake kung fu”.
    “I accept this challenge and that’s why I’m here,” Flores said. “Xu Xiaodong not only defeated Wei Lei, the tai chi master, but after he beat up many masters of wing chun.
    “So wing chun has lost some credibility because of this, but you cannot judge because of a few bad apple masters a whole system.”
    Xu’s actions and words have seen him censored in China where he has been delisted on some search engines and regularly has his social media accounts removed.
    He also had his social credit score reduced to a D-level – banning him from travelling on high-speed transport, and from staying in star-rated hotels, among other societal sanctions.
    Xu said these sanctions were lifted after he paid around 400,000 yuan in damages and issued a public apology for calling tai chi grandmaster Chen Xiaowang a fraud. But he wants to become an Australian citizen so he can countersue Chen there.

Pierre Flores and Xu Xiaodong. Photos: YouTube/Facebook

“Wing chun has existed for more than 300 years and wing chun is like a big family, a big tree with many branches. And my branch is from Vietnam, it is an orthodox wing chun branch, a Shaolin wing chun branch actually,” Flores said.
    The 43-year-old Flores first caused a stir in 2017 when he challenged Vietnamese kung fu “fraud” Huynh Tan Kiet.
    He instead competed in a full-contact bout with a local karate practitioner and has won other bouts with local fighters since.
    “My master is Vietnamese, and he raised me like my father for more than 21 years. So his cause is my cause,” Flores said.
    “I came here to wave the Vietnam flag, to represent this beautiful country and to show there is a big branch in Vietnam and I’m wearing this flag on my heart. I’m here to prove to Xu Xiaodong another version of wing chun.”
    THREADS
    Xu Xiaodong
    Threats and Challenges
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

徐曉冬VS傳統武術大師,47秒KO三次!MMA Xu Xiaodong VS Wing Chun Kungfu Master

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips