In the history of wing chun, the originator
of the style was a woman, who wanted to better defend herself from the men who were stronger than she, this woman was a crane stylist and all the concepts of crane were implemented into this style of hers. AS I understand it from my study of crane, the movements are very evasive and fast, it is mainly a counter fighters art. the movements
primarily with the hands and fore arms and shoulders are trademarks of the crane way of fighting, such as blocking a punch with your elbow crossing over and them immediatley countering with a jab to the eyes
with the same blocking arm. the body mechanics are that of crane,, being loose in the torso so as not to go up head to head with your opponent especially if he is stronger than you, so...you redirect to the side and play the angles with your opponent.
golly i wish i could just show you, highlander. im sure others have explanations
that will surpass mine. i am more of a shower than a talker,,actually i am both. ill reply more on this once i organize my thoughts more.................