Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Worrying!

Originally posted by Azure
    When I was learning Geography I never learnt anything about Country location on maps, popuation, etc. The sylabus was all about what a spit is, what is errosion, what is upshore drift, etc.
    That's because you were studying physical geography which deals with landformations et cetera. On the other hand, human geography is based on population, settlements, locations and so on.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Isn't Khazakstan landlocked? I always have a harder time with landlocked countries than coastal ones. Anyway, I'd guess K-stan is somewhere in the area between where Europe turns to Asia and India. You know, around Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan and all that, but maybe as far west as Ukraine. Italy is super easy - it's shaped like a dominatrix boot and dangles into the mediterranean.
    A) I changed that from Italy to Austria. Try to keep up.

B) Right between Russia and China. So you have a bunch of Asian looking women with Russian accents. I think that is the sexiest thing on earth. If I were an Asian looking woman with a Russian accent, I think I could take over the world.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

On a world map, Americans could find on average only seven of 16 countries in the quiz. Only 89 percent of the Americans surveyed could find their own country on the map. "
    Okay the 7-16 contries is...well...dissapointing. The 89% however is ludicrous. The US is probably the easiest country to identify.

I don't mean to put anyone down, but come on people.
    Those 11 percent who don't know where their own country is should be put down, and put down hard. On their heads. Preferably by Monkeyslap Too.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Originally posted by eulerfan
    If I were an Asian looking woman with a Russian accent, I think I could take over the world.
    I'd move to texas.

Despite the fact that the heat and lack of pollution would probably kill me.

So you have a bunch of Asian looking women with Russian accents. I think that is the sexiest thing on earth.
    Eulerfan,

I think this aspect of your personality should be explored a bit more. Don't you?
    Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Eulerfan:

Austria's easy, too. It's that giant land mass next door to the south pole.

Anyway, those kids' problems with geography are nothin' compared to some peoples'.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Eulerfan:

Why I oughtta.......!

As it goes I just took that test on the site (with 20 example questions) and got 20 out of 20! Go me!

Have a go and see what you get.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Eulerfan:
    Come over here and I will give you a BIIG wallop over the head.

That big land mass is Wales, you dummy.

Seeya.

Come on, y'all. Take the damn test already!

I wanna see how you fare. Or are you Yanks too scared that you'll be shown up as ignerint!?

Here it is!

Go on, have a go!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

oh dear. so, like, let me get this straight. we have George Bush controlling these bright sparks... which makes up the worlds largest and only superpower with the largest nuclear, biological and chemical arsenal known to man?

oh dear.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Hmm, lets see.

20 out of possible 20 right = 100%

Quiz was too easy, they should drop the multiple choice too make it really fun.

Guess all those years at school weren't completely wasted.

Cheers.

20/20

All I needed to know was the general area for that test. And, luckily, I reviewed Italy's coordinates before taking the test.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Even if you only know the general area of a place, the multiple choice makes it so easy to zero in on the right one.

Most of that info can be picked up from simply reading the daily newspaper.

Cheers.

what's a newspaper?
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

And therein lies the problem!