Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: Worrying!

Originally posted by Sharky
    what's a newspaper?
    Sorry, forgot.

Alternate version.
    Watching the News on the TV, you know that boring program after "Telly-Tubbies" or "Busy Buses". ;P

Seeya.

20/20

Anyone over 16 years of age, should be ashamed of themselves if they don't get 20 in that test.
    I can't believe that last question, about Argentina: only one option is even on the right continent, and only 27% of the Americans that took the test got it. That means 73% of the Americans that took the test either couldn't locate South America or did not know that Argentina was in South America...

I thought the number for Brazil was an option as well.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Originally posted by eulerfan
    I thought the number for Brazil was an option as well.
    It was.

Cheers.

oops, I might have missed that...
    ....even so anyone (especially anyone living in the Americas) should be able to distinguish between Brazil and Argentina.

I hosed the population over 1 billion (I said China and Russia) and most widespread religion questions (I said Islam.)

****!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by anton
    Anyone over 16 years of age, should be ashamed of themselves if they don't get 20 in that test.
    That is the exact problem the test was designed for age-group 18~24.

Cheers.

I'm pretty sure Russia has a significantly lower population than the US.
    I think Islam is the fastest growing religion... not too sure though.

On a related note, I once took a history class where the professor started talking about Ceylon. I was confused and asked him "I don't know where Ceylon is." He gave me a hard time about it and pointed to it on the map. I replied "If you meant Sri Lanka, why didn't you say Sri Lanka?"

I think my problem with Islam is as Anton described. I think my problem with Russia is I forgot about the population they lost when all the Soviet satellite states seceded.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Even with all the states included (i.e. the former Soviet Union) the population would still be considerably less than China or India. Russia is a big place, but there's a lot of uninhabited space out there!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Ah well. My bad, then.
    Crippled Avenger

20/20
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

not really a hard test, they could have perhaps made it harder when naming countries if they put alot of the countries nearby to the actual country up for selection (which could have confused things).

20/20 I think ill print out the sheet and show my mum. hehe
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

Originally posted by Serpent
    Even with all the states included (i.e. the former Soviet Union) the population would still be considerably less than China or India. Russia is a big place, but there's a lot of uninhabited space out there!
    Yeah, if you are ever taking a history test and one of the questions is:

"What was [insert name of conqueror here]'s fatal mistake."

And you don't know the answer, go with, "Invading Russia."

You're chances will be pretty good.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

My problem with tests. Who checks and makes sure they are accurate? This one was poor. A 5% error rate is not acceptable to me. The first question was way off. The most widespread and practiced religion is Islam. Christianity is a distant third behind Buddism. Way behind Buddism. I also disliked the overall flavor of this test. I could see definate political leanings in the choice of questions. Poor work overall.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish