Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bak Fu Pai for real

bakfuchoy Guest

Bak Fu Pai for real

Is there anyone around who studies real Bak Fu Pai or is just interested in talking about Bak Fu Pai and other styles? I have studied Bak Fu Pai for about 6 years and I was just wondering if I had any brothers or sisters on this forum.

MoQ Guest
    Where do you study this system that our friend "word" claims is fake? The X-Admin of this forum says it's just "thinly disguised Bak Mei". They(southern Admin aka Hagood's Jook Lum) also claim the Head of the Pai is a fraud and made the whole thing up. There's this Lacy clown that goes around claiming to be the only source of authentic kung fu, trying to embarrass and claim other systems with all this silly "5-Elders" stuff. The majority of internet sites are kind of silly... What was your question again?

kung_fool Guest
    MoQ,

Yes, REAL Bak Fu Pai is very hard to find.

[This message has been edited by kung_fool (edited 07-04-2000).]

kung_fool Guest
    bakfuchoy,

Good to hear from you! Who is your teacher and where do you study?

J Guest
    Hi kung_fool,

Who is your teacher and where do you train?

Where did you hear/learn that Bak Mei and Fung Doe Duk studied together for decades? I'm more curious about the length of time rather than the content. I've heard similar stories, but I hadn't heard that they trained together for such a long period of time.

Also, I agree with you about your comments on bak fu pai. There are only a small number of people that have trained for more than five years in bak fu pai. I'm curious to hear who bak fu choy has studied with.

In regards to MoQ, he's being sarcastic.

Here's my school: www.bakfupai.com

Cheers

kung_fool Guest
    J,

My first experience with Bak Fu Pai was subsequent to my relocation to San Diego in early '97. I lived in San Diego for that year and trained with Sifu Joel Rizzo. Unfortunately, I moved from the area in early '98 and have not been back. Last year I was living in Dallas, and found out about Sifu Peppers who lives in Austin, I then had the opportunity to train with him once, but, then I moved again.

As for Bak Mei and Fung Doe Duk, according to the legends in both systems, they were training brothers while at the Shaolin Temple, their training at this temple lasted for a period of about ten years (or so I have heard) then they both relocated to Emei (Ngor Mei) Mt where, according to the White Eyebrow tape I have from Master Man Kwong Fong, Bak Mei spent the next 20-30 years living in this region refining his art. This would suggest that both men spent the last few decades of their lives living together, and, I can only assume, training together, I certainly think that would account for any similarities in the two systems.

Talk to you later.

MoQ Guest
    Sarcastic? ME???

I just said "Where do you study this System?"

The Pai has not retained itself for over 350 yrs. by talking on public forums. Email is better if you care to try that.

A list of enemies or shadow of doubt may just force a person to make a stand.

A Pai's Legend is not really intended to be taken as historical fact.
    Cross referenced stories are more a product of the weakness than strength.
    There are those adding popular belief to their histories at this very moment.
    The more people write, the less you can believe what you read.

J Guest
    kung_fool,

I'm a student of Sifu Joel Rizzo. Let's chat. Send me e-mail at wuseng@yahoo.com

Cheers

kung_fool Guest
    Just cleaning up some of my mess... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

MoQ Guest
    So, who are these handful of people that can teach the system may I ask?

[This message has been edited by MoQ (edited 06-30-2000).]

kung_fool Guest
    MoQ,

Well to be honest, the number probably does not fill an actual hand. I know of three:
    1) Sifu Joel Rizzo
    2) Sifu Tom Rizzo (I have never met or trained with Sifu Tom)
    3) Sifu Vince Peppers.
    These are the only instructors that I know of who are openly teaching the system, that is not to say that there are not others. If anyone knows of another Bak Fu Pai Sifu please post. If I have left anyone's name off it is due to ignorance, not disrespect.

ps-Something tells me that there are probably more legitimate instructors...

qy Guest

[This message has been edited by qy (edited 07-01-2000).]

Fubokuen Guest
    So what became of the original poster?

Kung Fool:
    Lacy's gone "independent" to save his butt from a lawsuit.
    Your words are copious far beyond your experience and come across as rather rude. Defending the System is not achieved by way of self-serving defensiveness.

[This message has been edited by Fubokuen (edited 07-02-2000).]

kung_fool Guest
    Fubokuen,

Rude? Me? Maybe...
    It's this **** internet contraption, something about being rather anonymous makes one say/write things they'd never dream of saying/writing otherwise.

kung_fool Guest
    Fubokuen,

Put yourself in my place if you would, for a moment. Suppose it was the art that you had studied for the last three years which was now being called into question. I concede that I was perhaps a bit overzealous in my "self-serving defensiveness", however, can you honestly claim that if your system were questioned in a similar fashion that you would have defended it with humility, and politeness, while maintaining nothing but the utmost of decorum? Can you? Or would you have defended it at all? Perhaps you do not love your chosen style as much as I do my own, or, perhaps you are simply a much better person than myself, with a far greater well of emotional maturity from which to draw. Since I do not know you, I am willing to concede the latter. Perhaps I too will one day reach a level of consciousness which allows me to speak in less haste and with the most polite of tongues. But, unfortunately, I am not there yet.
    Just out of curiosity, what style do you study?

Peace.