Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Since we're bieng Controversial: PEEP/ TALKS ABOUT WINGCHUN HUNGGA BAKMEI CHOY LAYFUT

I don't put parts of the whole into boxes & look at them like that FT so your questions are hard. From the slow chi gung a guy gets really connected to the body. From the mind things are seen that were always there just not recognized. The only answer I have is Yes to all your questions & the point I was trying to make focused mostly on understanding with chi gung & other stuff being part of the whole. I see the hand much clearer & deeper than I did years ago is this true for you too? Time in the Temple was time without the many concerns of every day life so learning what was brought in should take place quicker than outside the Temple, I think, not fact. SM thinks there was some stuff taught & that could be right. For me it is reasonable to think it wasn't so much what was taught as it was what was learned. People went in with different things & the Temple was the same & people came out with differences in the hand. Conclusion?

FYI, since the topic was brought up, sifu Chong claims the same lineage as these gentlemen http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=130
    (Lau Siu Leung) I believe Zhong Luo is still in San Fransisco, but his father lives in Futsan.

conclusion?am i parallel to?i guess not,but you at refining are you not?i can do nothing but agree with you on your last part.
    i know who you are and believe it or not have always respected you,thats why i leave you to what you do.

in my experience chi-gung is not to connect but "to be"it can also be a dream?

maybe you do see clear and deep,which is greater than i,but the facts are[to me]philososophy as we speak on these forums.

agreed on the temple.

ideas as a man only god will be.

good to see you

f.t,your getting soft in your old age,or is it slow?anyway good to hear that bui studs did well,he knows how to work well and hard tell him from me.

Re: Since we're bieng Controversial: PEEP/ TALKS ABOUT WINGCHUN HUNGGA BAKMEI CHOY LAYFUT

[QUOTED]Daoist styles were practical and separate from religion. Daoist monks had no hang-ups regarding use. Pak Mei is an example of a Daoist style shrouded in mystery. The forms in Pak Mei were not made up by Cheung Lai Chun. He did, however, name the style after Pak Mei, the Taoist priest, to honour his teacher. The monks practicing these arts did not concern themselves with names, as they did not have dealings with the general public. [/quoted]

In comparison to the so called Buddhist martial arts. Yes. But what on earth is a Daoist priest (rhetorical question)?

Your right about the "seperation from religon" esp. when people with insight into the ancient texts realised that there is *nothing* spiritual, existential or trancendental about "the tao". Its a system of absolutes (spacially) described using primitive symbols and mythology.

The ancient canon says clearly that:

"War is an inauspitious affair..." and "Weapons are evil implements. Combat is 'contrary virtues'..."

Actually, the character XIONG is used in the texts, I dont like the "Inauspitious" its too abstract and "evil" is too simple. Its like calling Shamanism "witchcraft".

Xiong1 means "demonically possessed" and that does not leave much to the imagination. Dead languages are wonderful that way because the meanings can never be taken out of context.

Considering the following, this is more of a warning than an opinion:

"Taoists shun three generations of a family serving as Generals. Military teachings should not be carelessly transmitted, [therefore] should also not be transmitted." --Tai-Tsung Tzu

In conclusion, I have often heard that there are more fakes in Hong Kong than here. Sadly, I personally think this is no longer
    EVERYTHING is fake in hong kong.

Link:
    A critical look at chinese martial arts

"Heavenly offices: auspicious hours and days, yin and yang, facing toward and turning your back to... The Yellow Emporers victorys were a matter of human effort, that is all. Huang-di said: "Putting spirits and ghosts first is not as good as first investigating my own knowlege". This means that the Heavenly offices are nothing but human effort" --Wei Liao-tzu
    --
    Mountweazel (n.) the phenomenon of false entries within dictionaries and works of reference. Often used as a safeguard against copyright infringement. The Liar's Dictionary by Eley Williams