Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How heavy is YOUR heavy bag???

Originally posted by WinterPalm
    I disagree with everybody who said not to hit it. Don't listen to them.
    I think you should work up to it with your shins and fists and then go nuts! I would be afraid of anybody that could make something like that swing! In fact I wish I had something that heavy to hit, that would really train my sidekick!!

Props to you and your Super Bag!!
    it would probably be the equivalent of hitting a tree, which as we know is not good. I bet you would fear tyson or any other powerful pro boxer hitting you, right? How about a pro thai boxer? They don't need a 550 lb bag to develop that power - it's overkill.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

George Forman is famous for hiting 500 pound sides of beef daily. it didn't hurt him none.

Also, even though it is looking like it willl be harder than "I" originally though, it is still softer (by ALOT) than a tree. remeber, what we are talking about here is just heavy dust, not a solid metal cylinder. Plus it will swing, a tree just sit there and does not give at all.

It is going to have the consistancy of sand really.

Besides, if it's too hard, I'm wrapping a piece of wrestling mat around it to ease it up on the ol' knuckels. The object is to learn to issue major force, not break my hand up.

I think it would be cool to be able to hit a guy Seven Star's size and move them with a singe punch to the sternum. Any thought's on that?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Yeah. If you hit a guy Seven*'s size, put your running shoes on first.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Question

Forget about hitting it ! How are ya gonna hang the d@mn thing?

LOL on the running shoes thing!!!

As for hanging it, I'm gong to use a "Come along" to get it up. I'm more worried about the bag splitting open when I hit it to hard.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by Serpent
    I've got all the members of Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse in my bag, jamming together. You can't get heavier than that.

HAHAHAHA! That's awsome!
    I am nothing.

Originally posted by Serpent
    Yeah. If you hit a guy Seven*'s size, put your running shoes on first.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

My bag is now about 12 lbs. A little heavier than I would like, but I'll just give it some time.

Thumbs up UPDATE!!!

Hey guys, I now have 450 pounds of metal saw dust collected!!!!

Based on my rough calculations, it will just fill a 14 X 48 Everlast heavy bag

it looks like I will not get the full 600 pounds I was looking for, but then again, How would I hang it?

At 450, I can use a come along to hoist the bag into position.

The big Leather Everlast bag is about $150, so i'm going to get 2 of them. the first will hold the Metal Saw dust, and the second will go around it. I will adjust the outer bag so it gives support to the inner and take some weight off of the straps.

For the Women:

+ = & a

You're a nutcase!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Hmmmmm, Nutcase you say?? Strange, but your the 3rd person to say that to me this weekend. One was all weirded out because I punched a steel collom with my bare fist. He seemed to think that was some sort of "Unatural" act or something.

At work I often punch the metal bench vise. It has a circular piece of flat metal on it about the size of a half dollar that makes a great target for building foucus, and I often give it a good blast when I walk past it periodically during the day, just to keep my aim sharp. Some people think there is something weird about that too, can you imagine that?
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 01-01-2003 at 09:47 PM.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Whatever next?!

Some people will obviously never understand.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "...I'm gong to use a "Come along" to get it up"

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

0ne hundred pounds.
    "We are not the first/
    who, with best meaning/
    have incurr'd the worst"

King Lear

If the average bag holds 80-100 pnds you may need more reinforcement than 2 bags

Let us know how it works as a training tool.

That may be a good tool for standing Iron Palm training.
    Last edited by Cipher; 01-02-2003 at 09:30 AM.