Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn: Hung Gar Students

Begging Mantis Guest

Attn: Hung Gar Students

Question for you guys:

Have you heard of the "shadowless kick"? Or anything to this nature? It was supposedly a technique developed by Wong Fei Ying(sp? or his family.

Thanks for the help.

Brian a.k.a. Begging Mantis

JohnnyBoy Guest
    Try the Movie "The Iron Monkey (Part I)"

Begging Mantis Guest
    What's the movie got to do with it? Is this a real technique or not? Was it developed by Wong Fei Ying? Or is it one of the many martial arts legends?

Brian

illusionfist Guest
    Yes it is a real technique and it was attributed to Wong Fei HUNG. But it's not what most people think it is...

Peace [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

manfukuen Guest
    i study hung-ga and its called the "no shadow kick" it is a real technique, wong fei hung learned it from another man i cant recall his name at this time. it was from fusan and in chinese it is called "mo yern gerk"

john

[This message has been edited by manfukuen (edited 07-10-2000).]

Begging Mantis Guest
    It's not what people think?

Then what is it? At what level is this taught?

So its Wong Fei Hung, is the guys name. Can you suggest any online references concerning him? History or martial style?

Thanks again.

BM

Je Lei Sifu Guest
    The mo ying guek or shadowless kick is a technique which had already been around prior to Wong Fai Hung.

The kick is very basic. However, the hands are use to distract the attacker attention from the kick.

Anyone can perform the mo ying guek. However, to perform it as effective as Wong Fai Hung, takes persistant practice and know-how.

You have to train the legs to develope not only speed, but also power.

If you have every seen the Fu Huk Seung Ying Kuen or the Ng Ying Kuen performed, then you have seen the Mo Ying Guek performed.

Je Lei Sifu

qy Guest
    the no shadow kick.......
    A wise Hung Ga man once told me how to do this kick. Turn the lights off.

sorry df & Illusion I could not resist.

mantis boxer Guest
    The ''no shadow kick'' is not really a distraction of the hands. It was one of wong fei hong's 10 favorite moves. It involves a chin na wtih the hands and a kick. The chin na puts the guy in an awkward position where he cannot see the kick coming, such as a chin na to the elbow which would make the guy lean back. You can then kick his kidney. It doesnt' appear in any of the 5 forms though.

bean curd Guest
    mo ying geurk is in the forms as je lei has stated. the variation of application of the faht is more in fu/hok cern ying than sup ying.

the intent and concept of the kick is strict, the manipulation of the waist, hands, angles, stances, etc can be used for variation however.

the dog killing incident reveals the distraction concept.

wong fei hung also used gwai guerk (ghost kick), which is not mo ying guerk, the intent and concept are completly different.

regards

[This message has been edited by bean curd (edited 07-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by bean curd (edited 07-11-2000).]

Sithlord Guest
    Don't forget "The Ten Killing Hands"

------------------
    "Darkness has come. May the darkside of the force be with you."

-Sithlord

amifree Guest
    In some Hung Ga schools it is called the ghost kick.

------------------
    Peace

illusionfist Guest
    Actually ghost leg and no shadow kick are two completely different things. The ghost leg kick (gwei gerk) requires deception as it's main focus while the mo ying gerk requires speed as it's main focus.

Just thought i would straighten that out

Peace everybody [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

MoQ Guest
    thanks Illusion

Before.../__/__/__/__/
    After....__________________

ham Guest
    if you wear loose pants or a dress the kick is not visible to the naked eye