Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: full contact?

full contact?

im thinking about starting another class of lau gar that does full contact.
    does anyone now what the rules are?

Do you want to give us some more info ?

Why are you an orange belt going to start a class?
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

huh? b i don't quite get what u mean.
    my current class does not do full contact and i might start a different class that does. i just wanted to get a picture of how things worked

ok in that case its simple.

you just start class where by you let your students hit each other.......with full contact.

Any more questions?
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

I think he's saying that he wants to start attending another class - one that spars full contact. He's not getting ready to teach one.

Are you looking for full contact rules?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

When I studied S. Mantis we had two set rules: You better break as soon as the teacher said break, and any harmful damage we caused would immediately be caused on us by the teacher.

Of course, there were variables rules, such as, "OK, no kicking today, just hands." But those other rules were a constant.

No one ever got seriously hurt, a bunch of bruises, but no broken bones.

Once, I was fighting with a newer member of the group and one of my blows lifted his headgear and the followup busted his nose and knocked out a tooth. I almost $hit my pants not knowing what the teacher would do.

I guess because there was no ill intent and that it was a freak accident with the headgear coming off I got a pass -- but we didn't doubt for a second that the teacher would snap an arm if someone went that route.

Have fun. Be safe. Choose cool people to play with. Most of all learn, because what you learn in that environment will carry over as a base to judge future technique. I find that you can tell a fighter by how they train a technique: where is their intent, their weight distribution. That's what I learned from those two years.

ok i should have said im thinking of attending another class
    sorry for any confusion

Where in the world are you lau gar?....sounds like we have a san shou convert here.

england,bristol

Great .

I was pushing you about where u live as i was hopeing it was in the UK. Lau Gar tends to be more common over here I think.

If you have some experiance in lau gar (im guessing you have done points type taining as that is what lau gar tends to be in the UK) look for a club that will train you up for san shou.

If you tell me how far you are prepared to travel i will even do a serch for you.

"I guess because there was no ill intent and that it was a freak accident with the headgear coming off I got a pass -- but we didn't doubt for a second that the teacher would snap an arm if someone went that route."

That sounds a little over the top to me. If someone deliberately goes out to hurt someone badly in sparring, they should be asked to leave IMO. If it's accidental, it's accidental, get over it.

Breaking someone's arm doesn't sound like a good solution either way. Maybe there's something I'm missing here...

I knew LauGar would be in the UK.

Does your present class do any traditional sparring, or is kickboxing type sparring?

What's traditional sparring, scotty?

LOL i guessed he was in the UK to scotty1.

I dont think scotty is saying that there is anything wrong with trad sparring but that lau gar in the UK tends to be very points comp orientaited.

kickboxing style