Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After workout meal :)

Originally posted by OneStrike
    IronFist, do you avoid lean red meat? If so, why?
    I try to. What's a "lean red meat?" Do you mean just red meat that has the fat cut off?

The mains reasons I try not to eat it are because I've heard that red meat is the hardest thing for your body to digest. They also say that adults have varying amounts of undigested red meat sitting around in their intestines throughout their lives. I've heard up to 10-20lbs in some cases.

Also, ground beef is not the safest thing to eat.

I wish I had some evidence to confirm the thing about the red meat staying in your intestines, though.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I have evidence somewhere Ironfist. Im sure I have even read this on KFO before.

Red meat is digested very slowly (ineffecietly). Most people eat red meat in larger portions then the body can deal with in a reasonable amount of time (determined by.... you!) So the body's solution is to wrap the undigestable (for the time being) red meat (and other stuff of course, like a bunch of potatos, butter, steack sauce, random herbs, bleh...) in some sort of nasty internal wrapping paper, and then get back to the red meat when the body has the time and energy. Depending on thousands of variables, it could take your guts anywhere from a few hours, to days, even weeks - before you actually breakdown all the red meat. Many aspects of this process strike me as unhealthy for one, and great way to lose a whole bunch of priceless energy. IMO, anyways.
    strike!

Lean red meat:

http://www.cnn.com/FOOD/news/9906/28/red.meat.study/

I think the term "lean" just suggests that the product has less than a certain percentage of fat by weight.

all this crap about not eating red meat is just a bunch of girly talk.

a big uncooked hamburger is my favorate thing to eat after lifting ..... besides beer that is.
    where's my beer?

Personal health issues notwithstanding, I avoid red meat because I find raising cattle a very inefficient use of land resources.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne