Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Keyboard Commandos"

Just a thought....

Do you think members of the SAS all gather around after an opperation to go down town and pick bar fights?
    Do you think they would post on international internet forums to challenge other elite millitary units to 'test metal' againt them?

I think the sad truth is its people who actualy dont fight who like to talk about how often they do it. Those who have been unlucky enough to see the real side of lethal violence have no wish to be remined of it what so ever. Let alone spend there time trying hard to let everyone know about how badly they want to do it again.
    I dont have a large experience with people such as this and i can in no way clame to be one myself. However what experience i do have has been quite surprising. For a start most of these people refer to fear constantly and if any are familar with the expression 'phuker factor' they will know what im talking about. These people are alive becouse they know better than to take uncalculated risks and they fight becouse they have to kill not becouse they have to prove a point. There is no honour, you may simply sneak up behind the man and slit his neck - better him than you. Hence there is nothing to brag about - you just did what you had to.

Im guilty myself but the whole idea of an internet challenge is pure ego feeding. If the guy brings a gun and simply shoots you dead then all the self rightousness in the world wont save you.
    The plain fact is people only challenge people over the net becouse deep down they know its never going to happen. If they really wanted to fight they would just join the army or go down to a biker bar.

Its all ego and ive done it pleanty of times as well, its just sad that this is the outside face we present to others. Become an armchair martial artist to prove just how insecure you really are.

Real fighters would just fight, they would not need to come here to tell us about it.
    Last edited by jon; 11-30-2002 at 05:02 AM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Smile

I love keyboard commandos. They challenge me to be an adult. I figure if someone can challenge my beliefs and succeed in teaching me something new or questioning my faith or evoking emotion in me they've done their job as a sparring partner.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

I used to be a flame warrior *ashamed to admit it*- I have to say that as my TJQ training progressed, I just lost the aggression I used to have - just seems a pointless endeavour to flame and ***** at people now.

Whether that's part of getting older, or the training, or both - I dunno, but it's certainly made for a reduced-stress lifestyle...

I agree that a pressured environment tends to bring the intention much closer to the surface - having moved away from the area where my wife and I got assaulted, I've found that it has gradually seeped away but it is always there. The Japanese call it Zanshin - awareness... it's a good thing in moderation but can turn you into a paranoid nutbag if you let it.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

HuangKaiVun,

How long ago were you living in New York and which part?

I used to live in Schenectady until August this year.

Until people have lived there, they don't know what it's like.

I feel the same way about Orange County. Visit one of our many mass-commerce centers or stadium-style theaters and share my pain.