Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Keyboard Commandos"

"Keyboard Commandos"

Greetings..

Time and time again i see aggressive dialogue and cyber-challenges.. is this the signature of well trained and "centered" Tai Chi players? Is this the spirit of the Art? I thought we trained to "absorb energy", yet.. why do do so many find it so difficult to absorb words/perspectives? Too few demonstrate the "calm at the center of the storm", why?, i wonder...

Anyhow, i am just curious.. Be well, be real..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

cuz boards don't hit back
    don't belive me ?? try hitting me
    -TkdWarrior-
    Knowledge, Like sex is better when it's free

Talking LOL!

"Keyboards don't hit back" Good timing tkdwarrior.

TaiChiBob,

Just curious, this board has been fairly peaceful lately. Any challenges made recently were done with sportsmanship in competitive spirit. No one seem to be particularly obnoxious or insulting. Was there a specific thread that warranted your post or was it just a general comment? If it's the former than tell me which thread so I can weigh in. I love a good forum war. That's just the nature of discussion boards. If it's the latter than I would say even Tai Chi practitioners are not above challenge matches and brawls. That's just the nature of fighters.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Those sound like fightin' words, Bob. Come to Kali so you may experience my kung fu.

Friendly challenge = good. Good for the fighters, good for kung fu.

Heated internet threats = lame. Unproductive for the participants, and generally hurts the boards (the signal to noise ratio gets intollerable).

You want to discuss spirit of the art?

Name some names, then.

The first lesson in "absorbing energy?"

Don't attack others and then expect them NOT to strike back.

Greetings..

Again.. my curiosity attracts agressive dialogue.. i "attacked" no one, HuangKaiVun, it seems that you feel "attacked" by almost anything posted.. almost every topic i see you post in you seem to find cause to incite conflict.. i hope your real life is less belligerent than your cyber life.. (don't get too upset, that is a sincere wish on your behalf)

Waidan.. I am honored by your invitation, should i find myself in that part of the world i will indeed visit.. ( i am hoping for a surfing trip to Indonesia Aug/Sept 2003)..

The Post was a sincere question, why do so many find the need to "prove" themselves.. should capability be a public display or a concealed weapon? Those that "troll for trouble" or look for conflict appear less centered than i would expect from a well trained CIMA practicioner.. I had hoped this Thread might lead to some analysis as to the nature of aggression.. is it inherent, does it expand with capability, does the annonymnity of cyber dialogue add courage to the insecure..

Again, just curious, no offense intended..

"why do so many find the need to "prove" themselves.. "
    bad question...never get answered...
    wat u hav seen here in nothing
    check this out...u'll feel better being here

http://www.mcdojo.com/topic.asp?whic...&AllReplyIDs=1
    -TkdWarrior-
    Knowledge, Like sex is better when it's free

dude....that crap is pretty funny over there. those guys all sound about 17 yrs. old. Nothing wrong with 17 mind you. I thought we got riled up, hehehe, your right.

TaiChiBob - I share your concern. I think a person that has true balance of mind, has peace of mind. Think about this...who as an adult will find it enjoyable or profitable to argue with a grade school child, about who can beat up who, or which Pokemon is the best. Or how about which stocks are poised to net you a nice 30% return in the financial markets. You know, in reality, an adult just cannot muster the true interest it takes to carry on in such a scenario with meaningful interest.

TaiChiBob

You have offended me and you have offended some old guy in a park i once discussed ling Kong Jin with.
    I challenge you to Mortal Kombat, bring your Nintendo and show up at the crack of dawn, on the first day, of the full moon. We will meet on the highest peak, of the highest mountain, in the smallest country on the western face of the planet.
    There we will duel to the death, both revealing in the joy of tearing each other limb from limb. Then finaly when one of us is beaten and bloody on the floor the other will be permitted to use there choosen 'Fatality'. Then of course the winner is free to feast on the remains of the losser.

If you fail to show up for my challenge i shall have to assume that you are a skill less pleb who does not have the guts to show up for an internet challenge from an unknown practioner on the other side of the world.

If anyone else wants to challenge me to Mortal Kombat then please bring it on. I love nothing more than fighting people i dont know and have only spoken to online. it shows me up to be the intelligent calculating fighter that i really am

Come on who wants it????
    Huh????
    Punks!!! Yeah your all chicken arnt ya???
    Yellow Bellies!!!
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

You dirty b@stard! I accept your challenge!!! SIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Just FYI I was being cute...Kali = California (Costa Mesa to be exact), not whatever crazy (and probably unsanitary) place you were thinking of. But we have surfing here too, so if you're ever in the neighborhood give a hollar. We can duke it out at Lion's Park, and then grab some fish tacos. This goes for all you freaks.

With all due respect, Taichibob, I think that some of us come from VASTLY different circumstances from you.

I - and others here - were trained in martial arts for COMBAT. We train this way out of necessity, because there are quite a few people out there who would take us down.

I noticed that blacktaoist, maoshan, and myself (probably the three most combative kung fu posters here) are all nonwhite New York natives. In NYC, Syracuse, and Schenectady (where we are all from), things are ROUGH. Crime abounds everywhere and only good instincts and proper training can save you.

Racism is apparent too - I can't count the number of times people on the street have hollered at me to "Go home to China" and stuff like that. That's part of living in the US if you're not white.

I've got guys here trying to degrade my professional reputation simply because they don't like me. I WILL protect myself, in person if need be. Once again, I was trained by my instructors to not back down to those who are trying to take me down.

You do not understand the circumstances under which men like us LIVE, TaiChiBob. Different strokes for different folks.

HuangKaiVun

Greetings..

Thank you for the condiderate reply <bows>.. you are correct, we do come from different backgrounds (geographically).. but, i was trained in a similar manner.. when there is no other recourse, finish it, period. but, i was also trained that when two men can walk away from a potential conflict unhurt, everybody wins.. Central Florida is no longer the "Happy Mouse House", a conflict can begin with simple eye-contact, a sad signature for today's society.. i look first for the walk-away option, second for the control option and, lastly, finish it.. finish it with decisive force and no doubt as to the outcome.. I think CD Lee said it in another thread, the fight is won before it ever begins, it is won with intent.. once hands cross there is no doubt, in my mind, as to the outcome.. yet, i will make every effort to avoid unnecessary violence..

I share your disgust with racism, it is one of the few situations where i may initiate action.. I also honor your passion for the Arts, though i may not agree with some of your attitudes, your passion is a welcome alternative to "ho-hum this is cool stuff"..

As before, i hope we meet one day, honorably and in the spirit of learning.. i think we are more alike than either of us care to admit.. Be well..

No disagreement here, TaiChiBob.

Things are much better here in Phoenix than they are in NY. Here in Arizona, people at Wal-Mart don't start cursing at me because I'm Chinese.

I've walked away from more racially-inspired confrontations than most people would ever know, not just in the USA. But the sad truth is that for me there were plenty of times where I wasn't ALLOWED to walk away.

All of the nonviolence intent didn't help me - nor my Asian teachers - when guys actually came after our hides.

That's why I have such a combative attitude when people here or elsewhere come after me.