Thread: home equipment

home equipment

As I have almost got the house the the way Mrs PQS requires, I am now moving onto the next stage (1st stage being new windows, kitchen, etc) which includes the garden. Now as we don't have a garage I have persuaded her to let me have a large shed roughly about 15 yards by about 7 yards, so I can train at home AND I can have £1000 ($1500) to put equipment in it
    I'm hoping to get a dummy although I'm no way near learning it, and some of those elasticky things that you can put on your feet and use as a punching aid.
    Also punchbags etc.
    Has anyone got any other suggestions or ideas that they would put in there.
    I will proberbly have a tv/vcr so I can study when I need a rest.
    regards
    Peter

Equipment

You really from Staines? You know Ali G?

Anyway...

I've got a wooden dummy that I made with the help of a friend of mine. Made it out of 6No 2x4s dowelled and screwed together for the body.
    The arms are made from one 2x4 shaped into a smooth taper.

The wood was then stained and varnished (3 times for the varnish).

And it sits on my garage wall.

Heres a picture.

All together it was good fun to make.

All it cost was the cost of the wood and varnish. = negligible

I also have a double speed ball. ie two speed balls bungeed to the roof and floor. cost about £35 each.

All in a single garage with still enough roof to skip.

Booyakashah!
    "You pour water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You pour water into a bottle it becomes the bottle. You pour Whisky into me I become a teapot."

Hmmmmm Ali G has a lot to answer for
    whereabouts in Scotland are you? my wife is from Edinburgh.
    the dummy looked good
    regards
    Peter

you can set up a pulley so that you can work your throws, and a rock pole for sweeping. You don't have to use concrete though - a barbell will do. Also, get some freeweights, a bench and a jump rope. If you have started iron pam already, set up an area where you can train it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter