Thread: Forms

Forms

How often do you perform SLT? If you are up to Chum Kil and Bil Jee, how often do you do those forms. What percentage of time do you devote just to SLT versus the other forms.

If you're not doing it as often as you'd like, what do you (or your instructor) think is the appropriate amount of time to spend on these.

Just curious. Thanks
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

I try to do them all once a day, if I'm able (I've been flirting with injury quite often over the last year). I'll typically do SLT more often than that, and by contrast, this time of year I won't do the pole as much as outside is frigidly cold and inside quite cramped.

RR

I only know the siu lum tao form. I do this form four times a week. I play the form twice a day. I play it in the morning and one at night during class. I also do some mental training as well. Usually I do it mentally while I am riding the subway train to my kwoon. It is about 45 min ride to flushing queens from midtown manhattan. I see myself playing the form and trying to correct my form in my mind. I can hear my sihing or sifu tell me what to correct about ma or hand.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

Everymorning I spend about 20 minutes after stance and chainpunching, alternating between SLT and CK (usually about 5 times each.)

I do the SLT once to finish my stance training everyday.

I do the SLT at random during the day.

The CK doesnt get nearly as much attention, and probably should, it usually happens once a day in addition to whatever happens in the morning.

SLT/CK = 10/1

When I first learned the CK, I was doing it like 20 times a day I was so excited.
    strike!

I do my SLT once a day. I know half of chum kil but I barely practice that. I will train more and practice my chum kil more and stepping drills.

I will alwasy do my slt everyday

kung fu books

I do them all, or none at all. Every day at lunchtime.