Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Grappling thread

No fair!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I rolled with a guy that was 33 kilos heavier than me last night. Almost caught him in a triangle but the guy was just too strong and too heavy (and I've never actually been shown how do pull off a triangle). I think my neck is gonna hurt for a week.

I love this sh!t.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Speaking of which... does anyone know of any online Greco resources? I'm a tall, lanky sonofabitch; upper body throws are my bread and butter. My coach is 5'6"; he knows Greco throws, but he's not great at them. I'd like another resource to go to.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Originally posted by FatherDog

This is a lateral toss:
    http://www.themat.com/technique/late...lunderhook.asp

I used to get some mileage out of that back in the day

Originally posted by Serpent
    No fair!

all's fair in ThreadWars, bud.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by TaoBoy
    I rolled with a guy that was 33 kilos heavier than me last night. Almost caught him in a triangle but the guy was just too strong and too heavy (and I've never actually been shown how do pull off a triangle). I think my neck is gonna hurt for a week.

I love this sh!t.
    Describe how you were doing the triangle
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar

all's fair in ThreadWars, bud.
    True enough.

You keep posting. I'm gonna go and bang your momma.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

speaking of which, after I left your mom and sister, they told me why you can't bang anybody at all... you know they have medication for that, right?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Describe how you were doing the triangle
    Badly!

103kilo bohemoth had attempted to pass, I caught his arm and climbed my legs up his back. Made the 'triangle' around his neck/arm with my legs...but I couldn't get his arm across to the opposite side - ie across his neck - and I couldn't pull his head down to complete the choke.

I need some instruction on this one. I'll be asking some questions of my coach.

As I said previously - I've never actually drilled the triangle.

BTW - the somb!tch slammed me too - was not happy. I'm thinking you got 33 kilos on me - like you need any other advantages.

I love this sh!t.

was it hard to pull his arm because of his resisting, or because of a lack of space?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

ttt

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

was it hard to pull his arm because of his resisting, or because of a lack of space?
    I couldn't pull his head down because he was so bloody big - I just couldn't reach it and get a decent grip. As for his arm I couldn't push it across primarily to his resistance. Perhaps there wasn't enough room but I am not sure.

sorry for taking so long to respond, I'm just now checking this thread. Try this:

trap his arm - secure it really well. While it's secured against your body, lift your hips. Drop your hips suddenly - this will create space between his arm and you - and yank his arm over as your hips are dropping. Now, you have his arm in the right place, or at least closer than you did before.

Since you are having probs with the traditional triangle in terms of pulling the head, try this - instead of having your foot across his neck, place is diagonally down his back, like a sloppy triangle attempt. Now, squeeze INWARD as opposed to down. You can that direction also. It still helps to have the head, but you may find that method easier for you.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Thanks 7*.

I'll grab one of the guys and drill this.

- Adam

Does anyone know a good place to go online for Greco-Roman wrestling techniques? I'm fond of upper-body throws and such, and I'd like to take a look at some of them.

...plus, I'm 6 inches taller than the next tallest guy at my gym. I'm getting pretty **** tired of sweep singles and front headlocks being the only takedowns I can pull off with any regularity
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn