Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ykm Clips

Ykm Clips

Hello for anyone interested ive added some more clips to my site on the phoenixe eye techniques.

http://www.yaukungmun.com.au/technique_workshop.htm

If you have any problems please let us know!

thanks
    FT

Very nice stuff FT. 2b could be deadly as you wrote & my question is would you switch right for left & left for right to make it so? For such a new style it appears to have common stuff with old frame Hakka Tong Long. Enjoyable & positive.

Diamond Talons

Thanks for the comments, Now are you saying its not deadly because its the wrong hand? because if it was that would make top (yang) hand on top and left (yin) on bottom In relation to Dim ma Dim Yuet....! One is sealing the air on top , which will still do damage no matter what, but my question is why do you think the rear hand is used in this technique?

Also YKM is not a new style, its roots are from the Tang Dynasty, older then bak mei and hakka tong long. I do believe other systems have these types of punches!!

But i thank you for your honesty and hope you understand my questions?

Regards
    FT

So nice to see you consider your hand so very old FT & you take pains to rate it as older than Hakka Tong Long & for someone that old that you would know for certain you look good in your pictures. You want to discuss or play politics FT & you can contact bong for stupid stuff? In straight terms right hand out of right lead is long & strikes to hearts lower chambers on angle down & seals blood & stops heart beat for an instant & attention is drawn down. Strike with good power and the head snaps forward maybe a little bit & maybe a lot. Left hand is short & strikes to throat on upward angle cutting through the folding forward neck & seals air. First heart & then throat right afterwards. Just a personal matter & not a rule so I asked. Seal air or seal blood is good & seal both is sometimes fatal. Nicely done on the lower bridge work matching with hands.

Diamond Talons

No politics here brother just picking your brain!

I respect all answers thats why ive put it up, and yes i do take critisism as well. Ok, about my hand, what u are seeing is the bak mei hands from ykm, not the internal art YKM. Sorry for the mis info, just letting you know about ykm internal art and its past......dont take it the wrong way mate. I really couldnt care if they are hakka or gwalo hands as long as they work. I now know that you have some high level knowlegde about your pressure pints and eneries and the hakka art u study, thank you for your knowledge!!

Yes, this technique done with full power will seal the air and stop the heart. If the strike to the throat doesnt seal the air then it will affect the heart due to the vagus nerve and main artery behind and in that cavity! The set up on the wrist is very important do you agree?

many thanks
    FT

Okay FT no politics & that's good. Okay on what you say you show & that is your business & you are a good guy for showing your hand. More should do this so we can learn & grow & keep our stuff alive & I'll ask one of the young guys to do something like this too for our stuff. I don't rate my knowledge as high low or medium it just is what it is & same for my skill. Too much fighting for position is what I see in this thing so I don't do it. Thanks. Wrist could be important & then it can be not important. A few places get the job done if you are seeking end game & that is only how I look at it & not a rule. I don't see the neck as you do & if throat itself is missed then artery is struck & if artery is missed then muscle is split going front to back with misses. First 2 are end game & the 3rd is not so it goes seal air to seal blood to split muscle & flood if it is 3rd as head is froze for a moment. Personal and not a rule.

Yau Kun Mun Founding date

Hi.

This is a Question. i know will understand.

about when was yau kun mun founded? not origins perse but was basically formed and founded.

Also YKM is not a new style, its roots are from the Tang Dynasty, older then bak mei
    I always had the idea that yau kun mun came from pak mei ...

btw great clips and great website.. actually i guess i better go read the history section of it now in detail

if you would like to yau kung mun info in another forums called "Southern Praying Mantis (and other arts) Forums.. i would appreciate your support
    diamond talons - if u approve please support also and share your knowledge of hakka tong long
    (cheap plug ;P)

http:tonglongforums.cjb.net
    http://pub75.ezboard.com/bsouthernprayingmantiskungfu

all depends on accuaracy i suppose and technique!!

anyway thanks again!

FT

Great looking clips Garry
    lol still you might have gone just a *little* overboard, dude attempts to push you and you start to shut down his vital functions.
    Im just playing, techs looked great and the explanations where well done as well.
    Just remind me never to push you when im fooling around
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Jon

LOL yeah it maybe alittle over kill, but i would rather be like this than too soft or kind on my Foe's.

HEHEHEHE! hope all is well mate!

FT

All depends on quality of foe I suppose.

depends on the foe!

True, but what ever happens, happens!

Techniques

Hey Diamond,
    I like your attitude, thanks for your recent contributions.

YKM is the real thing, I would like to concur. I put in a few years with his Master too, he was a cornerstone of the Chinese Community in Sydney. FT's website is pretty informative.

And yes, he is as ugly as he looks on video, its not lense cruelty....

FT, you should do those videos with Travis, with Kyle, it looks like child abuse...<grin>

BTW, good work on the clips.
    Last edited by Yum Cha; 12-04-2002 at 04:30 PM.

Yummy

I feel your love from here!

I'll using travis and some others for new clips to come.....lol they all hide when i ask does anyone want to get bashed for the clips? LOL

FT

And I value your contributions Yum Cha & good that you were able to spend what time you wanted with the Sifu.