Thread: What are you best and worst at?

What are you best and worst at?

Almost everyone is blessed at doing something exeptionally well or quite possibly something they learned rather easily. There is also that troubled area that often takes a bit longer for us to grasp. Most are blessed at doing something good, while being poor at something else. What is it that you are good/best at, and bad/worst at?

My own?

good - pak sau

bad - timing while shifting the horse
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

best: wingchun kungfu.

worst: modesty/jokes on forums.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Oh OK...

best: fast and stable footwork including untelegraphed kicks.

worst: the yielding bong sau/punching with my left (dunno why, can't get the same snap whilst turning)...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Best- wing chun- doing what is needed-not depending on any
    specific technique,

Worst- pronouncing Indianapolis. It comes out different each time.

Best: things just happening without me thinking about it when under pressure

Worst: Not tensing my shoulders during long periods of chi sao

BEST: Utilizing my robot arms for Good.

WORST: Woody Allen impressions.

Best:I am the best at everything I do bad.

Worst:I am the worst at everything I do good.
    Last edited by Jaeson; 12-02-2002 at 10:50 AM.

Jus caus' no one else has!

I am the best at what I do...

But what I do isn't very nice...

Snikt

A A
    !!! > < !!!
    -
    ;::;

best: learning new stuff, i pick things up quickly in wing chun and other arts. in terms of wing chun im pretty good with my jom gaun sau (high low gaun sau i think i've heard it called).

worst: timing the stepping to the side then stepping in with tan and lower palm strike from the dummy. also good root is hard for me to develope cause of a disability, but light footworks makes up for it.
    when hands stick to hands there is no place to go.

What I am good at, Hmmm? Well I think I am good at understanding the theories behind what my teacher is teaching.

What I am bad at, let me see? Well, I do have habits from my old wing chun training. THIS NO EXCUSE. I do take full responsiblity of my ability now and blame only myself. I have unnecessary tension in my upper body which effects my coordination and timming. Mentally, I am not i am not relax enough to cover my picture and just play kung fu. I have a problem of what bruce lee called, "body feel". I think I have to learn how to "feel" what is
    right kind of energy and form instead of just mentally understanding it. My sihing, Simeon, made a good point in explaining that perceptual knowledge is a must! You may have conceptual understanding, but without perceptual knowledge your conceptual understanding is incomplete.

Well, to be honest, I am trying my best. Some of my juniors have progressed much faster than myself. I am always reminded when I see them doing things which I am trying to do. But I always think positive and I know I will get it in the end. I am a long term type of guy. I am humble of enough to admit my weaknesses and I am not too ashame to work for what I have now.

Bao
    Last edited by Mr. Bao; 12-02-2002 at 11:51 PM.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan