Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow-motion fighting dreams

Slow-motion fighting dreams

I had another one last night. For some reason I was fighting this guy at work (I think). Nothing I did worked. I remember he punched me and I tried to pak da it, but when my fist hit his face it was so slow and harmless like I just gently touched his face. This happened over and over. Every time I tried to hit him with a punch or palm strike, it was so gentle it didn't do a freaking thing. I remember thinking "come on, I know I don't hit this weakly."

On the plus side I don't remember taking any shots in the dream, either. Maybe we were both adversely affected by the messed up physics.

What's up with these dreams. All the martial artists I've asked have them too. I've never asked a non MA before. I think I will today if I remember.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I have had them all my life. Sometimes I have woken up form them striking and have actually hurt my wall before. The dreams don't happen nearly as much. And that 'slowed' feeling also is in other dreams, not always ones with fighting.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

lol I had one of those last night but dont' rember what it was about. Uhh I aslo dreamnt that I had Mariah Carey on my lap? What the heck was that all about? I don't even find her attractive.
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 12-02-2002 at 12:39 PM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

train harder. I posted something about this a while back, so you can search for it if ya want. In a nutshell, what had happened was there was a time period where I slacked off my training. I think subconsciously, I knew that and also knew that I wasn't as effective as I once was. So I started back to training intensely. Evry time I had the dream, I'd speed up a little. Eventually, I was to the point where I was moving normally and doing damage. Now, whenever I have a fight dream, i can move normally.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I dimly recall a dream I had in high school, where I had done something both extraordinarily mean-spirited and uproariously funny to my sister (a fairly common occurence). I was trying to run while laughing hysterically, but it felt like my legs were moving in slow motion.

Fortunately, the baseball bat she was hitting me with didn't seem to hurt, just leave big numb areas.

Of course, when I was in high school I ran cross-country, and didn't do martial arts. So maybe this is analogous.

This is why I tell people I was much better prepared to face multiple opponents when I was in high school.

Thumbs up

You might want to talk about it with someone familiar with dream forecast/telling etc. or if you wish,you might post it here http://www.cgjungpage.org/ forums.

Besides,dreams tend to be very strange so do not take it too seriously,even though they might tell you something.

I remember having this one strange dream where I was confronted by some pretty angry,fat&big mean,middle-aged guy who tossed me around with poor technique and superior strength with little effort.
    I was quite helples trying to defend myself against him.

But I do not take them too seriously...

The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Ive never had a dream where I fought anyone.
    I have a signature.

i always have dreams where i am trying to puch someone but its really slow and i just push at their face. then they try to hit me and ican block but kinda let their blows glance off of me. weird

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    I had those for a little while when i was a kid, wasnt doing any MA at the time of fighting anyone... so i think its a mental thingy... that people that know psychology could explain to you, i personally cant

Anyways, while still being a kid and not into MA, those dreams ended the night one time i had a nightmare where i was attacked by a vampire, i ripped his heart out of his chest with my hands and never had a slow motion fight dream ever again.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

tell me about your mother
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

what

Sharky check out this site:
    http://www.goldenshower.gs

I had a dream last night about a little buff dude wearing a yellow bandana, my kung fu sucked in the dream (it always does when I am overly tired) but whenever the lil dude hit me it didnt hurt. I dont think I was hurting him either.

I find eating chinese food before bed will improve your dream kung-fu. Also what sevenstar said seems to have some truth with me as well.
    strike!

xebsball: is that one of those evil kitty eater as your avatar?
    strike!

http://www.goldenshower.gs <-- this is what happens when 'designers' try to make websites.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

yenhoi, definately that is the infamous Domo-kun, the one that kills a kitty everytime one spanks a monkey.

Sharky, true, i put it up to remind you that i will acuse you of golden showering if you diss my mom anyways, look at the video they have on the site, its cool atari video games style music video.

http://www.goldenshower.gs/e/vejaoclipe.html