Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Any comic book fans here??

Whose doing that and who publishes it. Haven't heard of that 1
    Hardship breeds humility, and humility is the foundation to wisdom.

X-posted with Design Sifu -

Tolja Chris Ware rawks! Have I mentioned that his art teachers and my art teachers are one and the same? I have? Well, I'm mentioning it again.

(basks in reflected glory)

BTW, there's a really excellent article about comics and movies and their relationship in the spanking new issue of The High Hat! And I didn't even write it. My article about comics and fine art will probably show up next issue (it'll be a rewritten version of the term paper I posted in the Got Qi? Girls thread.)
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Sorry Chang. I know the meaning of "Chang" but for some reason I thought you were North style. Typo...my bad!

No big deal - Jimmy Corrigan is published by Fantagraphics and written and drawn by the aforementioned genius Chris Ware.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

That is cool Chang! Let me ride that gloating basking horse.

My Ba Gua Zhang instructor studied with Jet Li under the same coach for 15 years in Beijing's 1st Wushu troup. Check out wushuwest.com

http://fantagraphics.com/

Another, rather more experimental project of Chris Ware's "Quimby The Mouse" is on the front page right now.

http://www.fantagraphics.com/artist/acme/acme.html

Is the page with ALL the Chris Ware stuff on it.

spend, SPEND, SPEND!
    Crippled Avenger

Wel if we're basking let me say I studied at NYC's School of Visual Arts under Carmine (Flash Artist & redesigner of Batman logo) Infantino!!!

and look ware that's got me...

It got you here with us and in good company I might add
    We love your work Design!

I always picture the guy shaking his fist and moving his lips to be saying "Hey, you rotten kids! Get off my lawn!"
    Crippled Avenger

it's more like :

Hey you brick hurling mouse, try that stunt on ME!!!

Crippled Avenger

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    X-posted with Design Sifu -

Tolja Chris Ware rawks! Have I mentioned that his art teachers and my art teachers are one and the same? I have? Well, I'm mentioning it again.

(basks in reflected glory)

So, what you're saying is you know a guy who knows Chris Ware? Man, gimme your autograph, puhhh-leassseeee!!!
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Don't be ridiculous. I know SEVERAL guys and gals who know Chris Ware! (I've met him myself, too, albeit briefly.)
    Crippled Avenger

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    George Herriman is superior.
    Yeah you're right...

Tiger's Tale has a long way to go before anyone else is willing to use one of its charactors as an avatar...

Exclamation BATMAN: Hong Kong

Just thought you should know that the Doug (Master of Kungfu) Moench, TONY (Weapon of the Gods & other stuff) WONG Batman collaboration, has just hit the stands...

At first glance it looks great...

I'll let you know if it was worth $25 later...