Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Any comic book fans here??

pizda suka idanacho
    lol
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

What pulls me in...

Originally posted by Design Sifu
    Question?
    what pulls you most to a given comic?

Art?
    Writer?
    Charactor?
    Title?
    Publisher?
    Mostly the storyline, but the art is also important. I like an
    interesting and entertaining storyline. I like interesting art, but
    there is sometimes art that, while I enjoy it, makes it hard to
    understand what's going on in the story. I tend to float towards
    certain publishers but that's mostly because certain publishers
    have a tendancy to put out what I enjoy. Title? Most of the titles
    I like are done by one author and when that author leaves, the
    title ends (or vice versa).

The art is really important. But there needs to be a close balance between art and storyline. It can be stunning art but boring story or great story but u get put off by the semi-crappy art.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Yeah.. Art's very important to me as well... it can save a weak story... however a really BAD story can kill the best art.

On the other hand a really good story can certainly transend all but the absolutely WORST art!!!

Homework:
    picked up the comic XIN missed the 1st issue which seems quite hard to locate but picked up #2.

basicly a Manga-fied version of the Monkey King's tail...er tail.

Beautiful art, with a heavy CGI influence, which blends will with the manga style. The Kungfu's very stylised (still on the quest for some authentic KUNGFU illustration in comics) and the story's on the lite side. but still a fun read... not sure if I'll pick up another issue or wait for a Trade paperback.

anyone else find anything good out there?

Hey!!!

Did everyone suddenly stop reading comics?

Wassup?

Well, I'm still here... just ran out of things to say, I guess.

No, I did't find anything good recently... but then again, I was somewhat broke due to X-mas and New Year gift-shopping ... no money, no comics :-(((

Here's one suggestion, anyway: any of you read Frezzato's "Keeper of the Maser" series? Published in "Heavy Metal" (back when I used to buy the stuff) and in hardcover albums... strongly recommend it
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Originally posted by Design Sifu Hey!!!

Did everyone suddenly stop reading comics?

Wassup?
    Or maybe we're too busy reading our comics to actually post.

For the most part, I'm just reading the stuff I've already
    mentioned. I did pick up a copy of Marc Hempel's Naked Brain. It's
    not too bad.

heh... picked up a few cool books today...

including Way of the Rat

as for Marc Hemple... haven't read any of his stuff since GREGORY which by the way ROCKED!!!

how's his stuff now?

Gregory did indeed rock! As did Herman the Vermin.

If you can find it, you should seek out his self published thing from a few years back, "Tug and Buster." Funny stuff!

I didn't know he had anything new out. MUST FIND!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Wow! Comic talk. Can't believe I missed this till now.

As for superheroes, I'm a big Batman fan, but that's all really.

Alan Moore is by far the best writer in comics. New series coming from him soon, Cemetery is it called? Can't remember. Anyone read the Promethea books? They're great.

I'm also a fan of Chuck Dixon and I think Way Of The Rat is excellent. However, it's going beyond it's initally scheduled run and most books that do that end up crap... we'll see.

Gaiman and McKean are also great comic dudes.

The most important thing in a comic book is definitely story, 2nd is to have it backed up by good art. If you've got those things then I don't care who did it!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

D@mn, he's found us even here! Is no thread safe from the cartoonish super-villain Serpent (a.k.a. "Don't call me Bruce")?
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Originally posted by quiet man
    D@mn, he's found us even here! Is no thread safe from the cartoonish super-villain Serpent (a.k.a. "Don't call me Bruce")?
    Of course not! I'm omnipotent!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

MonkeyBoy Guest
    Sandman.

Bone.

*Hellboy.

Those Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

Zippy the Pinhead.

Mr Natural.

*- Vin Diesel will be Hellboy in the upcoming flick, he's also doing a sequel to Pitch Black.

Originally posted by Serpent

Of course not! I'm omnipotent!
    You're IMPOTENT?! Omigosh

Soo sorry to hear that, mate ...

- - -

Keanu Reeves will appear as John Constantine in "Constantine", movie based on "Hellblazer". Read it here.
    What do you think?
    Good choice? Bad choice (I think so)? Who the heck is Keanu Reeves ?

Vin Diesel?!!? **** that ****! Whatever happened to Ron Perlman?

edit -

Well, according to imdb and aicn, it's still Perlman, so I guess I can relax.
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 01-10-2003 at 08:40 AM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.