Thread: Good eating plan?

Lightbulb Good eating plan?

What would you people consider to be a good diet for gaining bulk? Assuming a person is working out regularly with a bulk gaining program and needs to eat accordingly?

What type of foods?

How much?

How often?

Etc...

Cheers
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Thumbs up bulking is cool

These might help:

Customizable Mass Diet

So You Want To Be Huge?

The nutrition section of the forums on that website is a good place to ask questions; there's some really knowledgeable people there. I started a clean bulk 2 months ago, and got some good info from there; they even got tips on how to make cottage cheese (blech!) somewhat eatable...

rt
    Last edited by Ras-Tanu; 12-08-2002 at 06:24 PM.

cottage cheese is awesome, what's wrong with your taste buds? It's good with fruit too, like peaches, but I can eat it straight outta the container.

I won't tell you what to eat - setting out a specific diet would get boring, and writing a list of alternate meals would take too much time, which serpent is not worth (just kidding bud)

Make sure you take in alot of protein - about 2 grams per pound. Eat several times meals per day - breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between. I'm about to state the obvious, I know, but to gain weight you need to consume more calories than you burn.

Why don't you post a sample of how you currently eat, or how you are planning to eat, so we can give you some feedback as to if you're eating too much fat, not enough protein, etc.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

OK, I'm not looking for a specific diet as such. More along the lines of what type of foods are good bulk builders (i.e. cottage cheese, chicken, tuna, eggs; I know these are high protein, therefore good for bulk). What other types of food? What breakdown of proteins to carbs? 50/50? More or less?

What about fruit and veg?

Three regular meals with snacks in between or lots of little meals?

What makes good snacks?

I'm just after a broad idea of what types of food and in what amounts you would suggest to gain bulk. Obviously it varies for different people, and this is not for me anyway, so broad generalities is what I'm after.

Does that make it clearer?

(BTW Seven*, you know I'm worth it!)
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching