Thread: Isometric ideas?

Isometric ideas?

Do any of you know of any good isometric exercises? On occaision I do the following but only knowing 3 they get redundant.

abs - get on tips of toes and forearms while keeping abs/back straight. Hold for as long as you can. (The further forward your arms are the more difficult)

side abs - turn sideways, on forearm, but this time with it perpindicular to your body. keep midsection tense. switch sides and repeat.

triceps - push against fixed bar with forearms....duhh (very exciting) helps a little with chi sao though...

-watzun

yoga.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

That would be a good idea, except for the fact that it would cause me to dislike myself.

Why? Yoga is good. Lots of hot girls take Yoga dude. Well at least at my college.
    I have a signature.

dislike yourself? why? because you're stronger, more flexible, healthier, more likely to live into your 70s and beyond, more likely to be nimble in your latter years and less prone to disease? how is that unlikeable?

honestly, yoga has so much goodness in it.
    Last edited by rubthebuddha; 12-09-2002 at 10:56 PM.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

The way I see it, life isn't worth living past the age of 45 anyways. As it is right now, I enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle and have no desire to spend my time tieing my self in knots and standing on one leg. But if their are hot girls there.......

No disrespect to any yoga practicioners, just being an ass.
    Last edited by watzun; 12-09-2002 at 11:07 PM.

watzun is obviously a teenager.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

You are incorrect, a product of an abnormal environment maybe... you've hurt my feelings.
    Last edited by watzun; 12-09-2002 at 11:31 PM.

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    Why? Yoga is good. Lots of hot girls take Yoga dude. Well at least at my college.
    really?? hmm that's sound intersting i hav found that only old dude take yoga...been there n taught it wasn't much good i hav tried teaching for few months...no hot chicks...they doin aerobics...or the new hit craze Tae bo
    -TkdWarrior-
    Knowledge, Like sex is better when it's free

notice that philbert said "at my college," a place which can be a hideout for all sorts of cuties.

i still remember the first day philbert went to yoga this semester. he IMed me and was about ready to shat himself over all the hotties in his class.

is good to see the younger folks still have their prioties straight.

Originally posted by Serpent
    watzun is obviously a teenager.
    Not quite, he turned 20 last Janurary according to his profile so he is almost 21. Close enough though to being a teenager.

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    notice that philbert said "at my college," a place which can be a hideout for all sorts of cuties.

i still remember the first day philbert went to yoga this semester. he IMed me and was about ready to shat himself over all the hotties in his class.

is good to see the younger folks still have their prioties straight.
    Heck yeah, and thats why I signed up for ANOTHER semester of it for the spring. I was going to take Anatomy and Physiology in the spring but all classes were full except for the one in the time slot of Yoga. A counselor said "What is more important, Yoga or Anatomy and Physiology?" I said "I don't think you want to hear the answer to that."
    I have a signature.