Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Become A Successful Sifu

How To Become A Successful Sifu

1. TRAIN A FEW YEARS UNDER SOMEONE WITH A GOOD LINEAGE, EVNE IF HE ISNT GOOD. ..

2. BE SURE TO GO TO CHINA OR HONG KONG TO TRAIN, EVEN IF YOU STOP AT THE PARK TO DO A FEW SETS. THIS WAY YOU CAN SAY " I TRAINED IN HONG KONG."

3. GO TO ALL THE TOURNAMENTS AND TALK TO SIFUS , NOT ONLY YOUR STYLE, BUT ALL STYLES. TALK ABOUT HOW YOU GOT INTO KUNG FU, WHY YOU LOVE IT, AND ASK ABOUT THEIR KUNG FU INTERESTS, TAKE PICTURES

4. GO AND TRY TO MEET EVERY FAMOUS SIFU OUT THERE AND TAKE MORE PICTURES AND TALK TO THEM ABOUT WHY YOU LIKE KUNG FU.

5. COMPETE IN A FEW TOURNAMENTS . THEY ARE ALL POLITICAL AND HORRIBLE ANYWAYS, YOU'RE BOUND BY THE LAWS OF STATISTICS TO GET A FEW TROPHIES, TAKE PICTURES TOO.

6. JOIN ALL THE KUNG FU ASSOCIATIONS AND MAILING LISTS. KISS BUTT AND PLAY A PR PERSON. ON THESE MALING LISTS, TAKE NO SIDES BUT ALWSY STAY NEUTRAL SO YOU WILL BE LIKED BY OTHER BUTT KISSERS WHO ARE ALSO BECOMING SUCCESSFUL "SIFUS"

HOW NOT TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL SIFU

1. SEARCH THE WORLD FOR A GOOD SIFU AND TRAIN WITH HIM EVERYDAY IN SOME DIRTY ASS GARAGE. RESPECT AND CLEAN THE HOUSE, TAKE NO PICS. YOU HAVE NOTHING ON YOUR 'RESUME' BUT YOU HAVE REAL SKILL AND UPHOLD TRADITION. BUT HEY THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL.

something you wanna talk about?

or are you just shouting rants?

stuart b.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

word!, word.

AOF
    Arhat of Fury

Thumbs up

Shouting,at least.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

If I'm cleaning my instructors house and not getting my training for free or reduced in price, I'd better be getting paid for it.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

OH MY GOD!

James.............uh oh I mean WORD is back!

What has it been 2 years?
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!There Is only 1 STUDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, successful and good ar not necessarily synonymous in the martial arts.

I might also point out that the only thing your way guarentees, far from being a successful sifu, is that YOUR sifu has a clean house.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Welcome back word

Oh and to be a successful sifu you need to be really angry all the time and swear alot.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

MP, what the hell is your avatar?!?!

Looks like a cheese
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I don't think successful and good are EVER synonymous.
    Example: Microsoft Windows
    Successful yes.
    Good? Please.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
    In practice, there is.

Ah, old cynical Word is back. Didn't you post exactly this a year or two ago before you wandered off?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

YES I DID POST THIS TOPIC A FEW YEARS BACK. I WAS SEARCHING FOR IT ON THE SITE AND I COULD NOT FIND IT SO I HAD TO RETYPE IT. WHAT A SHAME THAT MY BEAUTIFUL AND INTELLIGENT POST A FEW YEARS AGO GOT LOST WHEN THESE KFO GUYS UPDATED THE SYSTEMSSS.

MY SIFU HAS A CLEAN HOUSE HAAHAHHAHALFJDS

Stacey Guest
    There are other ways to be a successfull Sifu...My Sifu doens't do any of that. Then again, he isn't pulling in millions. But are those networking guys? I alwasy thought it was the tiger shulman karate and bjj that made all the bucks. Ironic that bjj makes the most and judo the least.