Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DRAGON STYLES

Cool hi I practice emei fire dragon

hi I practice emei fire dragon

Hi emiekungfu

Can you tell me about your Emie Fire Dragon system what kind of forms ? does use the Phoenix Eye fist ? I am going to get a VCD on Emie Fire Dragon .

On the vcd he does. The vcd form is very fast with lots of hand strikes with the pheonix eye fist. I think someone else posted a clip before of the style, though that form was softer, more taiji like. I'm curious what the system is like too Also, where do you learn it emeikungfu?

Smile emei fire dragon style

Emei kung fu is a fusion of the two major temples shaolin and Wutang
    the ying and yand in armony were developed in Emei mountais to southwest of China near the tibet
    Thus emei kungfu is very effective and complex,they join to create new styles mor powerfull my style is from the end of mind dinasty .In emei mountains were created very rare and ocult styles .there were several but with the time were dissapering because it were trasmited from only the family to family.
    My style how I can say ,my english is not so good sorry- imagine a fusion of Pakua, tai chi chen ,northen kicking Shaolin and advanced circular chinna only to imagine.
    My emei fire dragon is an internal external style with very circular movements in footwork and hands ,explosive ones and soft others , the turn of the waist
    the energy is based in qigong , the principal idea to be "air"
    Dragon is air as also earth ,water,fire and wind,this is the filosofy of the movement
    If you like to know more about it visit please www.emeikungfu.tk
    "If your hearth is good your kungfu will be good"
    thanks for your questions
    sincerely
    Si Fu Emei
    Last edited by emeikungfu; 11-17-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108 View Post
    Hi all,

I studied under Sifu Chow Fook back in the late 70s and early 80s. He was a kind soul.

He studied Bak Mei under Sigung Cheung Lai Chun first and then with Sigung Lam Yui Kwai. So his Lung Ying has more a Bak Mei flavour to it. I understand it that Lung Ying excepts and sometimes exchanges students with other systems; therefore, one would see different flavour in different lineage. Personally, I agree that Sifu Lam Woon Kwong's (Sigung's elder son) lineage is a solid representation of Lung Ying. I sought out a mentor, Sifu Sam Hung, who is from Sifu Lum Woon Kwong's lineage, to continue my Lung Ying's study.

BTW, I have not yet read the book by Sifu Chow Fook. I, too, wonder how it is like?

Mantis108

------------------
    Contraria Sunt Complementa
    Do you know if sigung Chow fook wrote more books or articles I'm curious as he's my Sifu's teacher?

We do a dragon elbow style in the Yang mian system, trains 3 dimesional fajing and fluidity between elbows.

I am an actual dragon.

there, I've said it and so what.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I am an actual dragon.

there, I've said it and so what.
    Baaaah, you are one of those colorful, fruity chinese dragons who simply look good on a flag or tapestry, I on the other hand am a full blown fire breathing European Norse style dragon with fire breathing and a**ss kicking built into me!!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Baaaah, you are one of those colorful, fruity chinese dragons who simply look good on a flag or tapestry, I on the other hand am a full blown fire breathing European Norse style dragon with fire breathing and a**ss kicking built into me!!
    I am a viking dragon.

I eat pirates and crap ninjas.

I am made of the hardest wood known to man and cannot burn, drown or be effected by the cut of the axe.

I have a weakness, but I will not tell it.

rawwwrrrrr.

*crap ninjas* awww yeahhh.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dude I do Dragon and I met Dave. He is a Dragon.

Big teeth, scary nails and holds chick for bounty.

Seen it, its real. I will find the video. Then post it and you will all see.
    By Peace or by Pieces.

You are a human being, not a human doing.
    J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

And I've met Dr.Rob and can attest to the Oni in his avatar as actually being him...

At first, I couldn't believe my dragon eyes when the Oni showed up for the meeting!

After a while though it was all good because Oni, like Dragons, enjoy a good single malt scotch.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Chow Fook

Hi Diego - Chow Fook is my Sigung as well. Did you personally train with him?

Cheers - AQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ao Qin View Post
    Hi Diego - Chow Fook is my Sigung as well. Did you personally train with him?

Cheers - AQ
    No my sifu did

I dont mean to hijack the thread but I wasnt sure where to ask. I was wondering if anyone here has trained with Master Lam/Lum on the west coast of florida?? What was your experience and opinion? I have practiced northern mantis for years and was thinking about cross training in another style. Thanx

Does anyone know of a Master who teaches Lung Ying in New York..besides GM Yip Wing Hong?

Someone mentioned his name before. I believe he teaches private lessons in a park(central park?).