Thread: What happened to my forearm? (not martial arts related..sort of)

Talking What happened to my forearm? (not martial arts related..sort of)

This morning.... while I was looking at kfo I looked down at my forearms and noticed that there was a patch of hair missing (no I'm not that hairy) on one of them that is about the size of my palm!! What the heck is that supposed to mean? Was I abducted by aliens where where I was subjected to some sick shaving ritual? Or is my forearm suffering from premature balness! Noo my arm is too young to go bald. It's only 20.

lol seriously though anyone know what this is about? It could be from doing elbows on pads but the last time I did that was last week where I did this elbow drill with my classmates on a kicking shield. Would any one care to elaborate?
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 12-10-2002 at 11:21 AM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

go to the vet. you might have mange.
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

Don't know if it helps but after my last surgery I got a few bald spots on the back of my dome. The docs just gave me a few injections (cortisone I think) in the spots and the hair grew back in a couple weeks.

And try using wraps instead of duct tape when you hit the heavy bag.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Thanks ewallace but I don't use anything when elbowing the bag. Uhh was I supposed to cover my elbow with something?
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 12-10-2002 at 11:43 AM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

I dunno. I was just giving you a difficult time. You should probably have it checked out. Sounds pretty freakish to me.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

lol ok. It's nothing bad really. Not like theres a rash or something and it's not noticeable unless you look at it really close. The skin feels smooth but if I see anymore have missing from anywhere I'll definitely go look at it.

You know if you do that too much you'll grow hair on your...wait no, that's the other way around. I think you need to get busy son.

u must hav had a dream of a girl
    -TkdWarrior-
    Knowledge, Like sex is better when it's free

Try masturbating with your forearms and the hair might grow back there.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

are you by any chance a cook?, or have some other job where you are near an open flame? several time i have singed the hair on my fore arm and then not noticed until it fell of and left a bald spot.

You will possibly tend to become depilated on areas of your skin that are abraded often. Knees and elbows are classsic examples. If that's what's happening to you, I would guess the 'bald' area is part of the arm you regularly use in your MA.

-David

12. Wink

"go to the vet. you might have mange."
    Yeah,but I think itīs hotspot.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

are you by any chance a cook?, or have some other job where you are near an open flame? several time i have singed the hair on my fore arm and then not noticed until it fell of and left a bald spot.
    Come to think of it. I did have to turn some ribs in the oven a while back for my mom. It was very hot too so that makes good sense.

David is alot correct there.
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 12-11-2002 at 08:14 AM.