Thread: Mortal Kombat : deadly alliance

Mortal Kombat : deadly alliance

http://www.midway.com/futuretense_cs...kda/index.html

The new mortal kombat game uses real fighting styles

I was a bit upset not to see praying mantis (northern or southern) as one of the styles

hopefully one of the secret characters will have it

some of the chinese styles in the game :

wingchun, eagle claw, crane, snake, dragon

totally cool
    Use attack as your indestructable spirit

my mistake, there is a style named "mantis"
    it looks primarily northern mantis

i dont think theres anything like southern mantis in there

anyway, go to the characters section, and click on hand to hand

and you can read up on some weird styles
    Use attack as your indestructable spirit

unfortunately the guy who does wing chun doesnt even look like hes doing anything remotely close from the screen shots
    Travis

structure in motion

this is the best fighting game made since tekken tag hands down. excluding tekken tag, this is the best fighting game made since tekken 3 hands down.
    where's my beer?

there's a shuai chiao guy in the game also.

I've only seen one game that actually whiose fighters actually look like they are using the style that they claim, and that's virtua fighter.

Actually, I take that back. If I remember right, Street Fighter III had some semblances too, but still nothing like the virtua fighter series.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

i thought virual fighter 4 sucked but im a tekken fanboy. i was really excited about vf4, but then i played it and it was exactly like doa3 .... a beautiful button masher. i just cant dig the button mashers no matter how pretty the eye candy is.
    where's my beer?

Thumbs up

Iīd like to see that hapkido.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Impressive. I'd definitely want to play that game.

By the way, I think this thread should belong somewhere else.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    i thought virual fighter 4 sucked but im a tekken fanboy. i was really excited about vf4, but then i played it and it was exactly like doa3 .... a beautiful button masher. i just cant dig the button mashers no matter how pretty the eye candy is.
    Yeah, my favorite is VF3. I'm not talking about gameplay though, just the realism of the styles. I don't think there's a fighting game out there other than the VF series whose fighters actually look like they are fighting with the specified style completely.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Actually TJD, while I agree with you based on the screen shots I have seen I also have it on good authority that the WC is pretty good over all with a few obvious problems but a friend of mine was especially impressed with the chain punching special move and a few others
    Most fights start standing up. Keep it there.-standup school
    Most fights end up on the ground. Take it there.-ground school
    Fights start where they start and go where they go. Go or take it whereever works best.-MMA

seven ... i can agree with you on the realism of vf3 and 4. i really did think vf4 was a very graphically impressive game i just didnt like the controls at all.

of course people dont fly up in the air when you kick thier legs out from under them like they do in tekken, but so far i think its the game that takes the most skill and offers the most to learn.
    where's my beer?

12. Post mantis yes

just to let ya know, there is a mantis style fighter in there. guy in white outfit....lei wu. We got the game now for a few days and its pretty bad ass. each character has 3 styles. its nice that something is at least 'trying" to imitate as close as they can to martial arts. they have basicly all the popular styles of fighting.

later guys
    sal

.,,,,,some part of me is confused....should i be embaressed respond with knowing this .heh

Thumbs up

chain punching special move LOL

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.