Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wing lam learned hung from a girl

GENE CHING

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't word the poster formerly known as James? Wasn't he originally banned from the forum? And didn't he claim to have learned Wing Chun while living in England through videos or something?
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!There Is only 1 STUDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORD

You're such a tool. Supposing Wing Lam is a fraud as you claim, have you ever seen him in action? IF so he's one of the baddest mutherf*&$#$# frauds there is. I would feel like a bad ass if I could do just 1 of the shaolin forms that he can.

WORD

Sorry if I was a little hard on you in that previous post. As a troll you're not nearly as big of a ******* as Ralek(Rolls) or Knifefighter.

Anonymous trolls like Word deserve no attention. Replying to them give them the attention they crave. They relish being shocking in their episodic appearances. Sifu Wing Lam needs no defense.
    joy chaudhuri

years back i had the chance to work out with wing lam on filbert st.

i was walking pass his school and noticed a poster advertising driving classes. i walked up the stairs and thru the front door wasa stairs on the right going to the basement.

i thought the building was pretty unique. there was an upper and basement area for training.

wing lam was a good martial artist. he had 2 systems in his program you could choose from. at the time it was if i remember northern and southern.

at the time i remember talking with him only about hung gar. this was 20 years plus ago. anyone practicing hung gar for this period regardless should be alot better and doesnt deserve the trolling he is getting.

with lum jo's status he has never came out to troll anyone so way does this guy word do this? lum jo has always let people come out and do their own thing. the truth is the truth you can ask his daughter at the school, there are photo's of wing lam's ex but lum jo's daughter will say lum jo could care less what people say or do. i hope word will not use lum jo's name in any trolling again.

Yes I have asked Lum Jo's sons and students there and they told me what i said in my first post. Now forget about the lineage stuff for now, you guys say that wing lam's skill is awesome. And someone said that wing lam is honest and open about his teachers, does he admit learning from wong jack man? before he got kicked out of course

intelligence is my middle name. just playing . when i take a look at lam doing his hung sets or shaoiln sets they don't have the distinct flavor that those two DIFFERENTE styles are known for. When he plays the sets, they both have the same power. if you guys have seen yc wong's hung in the last few year you would know exactly what i'm talking about, that is the expresion of what hung should be,and lam's hung doesnt have that expression of power, it looks like shaolin and his shaolin looks like hung, only different movements.

foundation, lam has no foundation, his horse is weak to me. a horse does not have to be high or low, only the alignment matters. and whether the horse in any style, it should have that suction, that melting and rooting inward, more of an internal feeling, now thta is horse stance and when you get a horse then you can start to get power from the earth, all of which lam does not have.

conclusion - he doesnt know what makes a certain style a style, every style has it's unique look and fighting ability, he has no foundation, no horse, no internal skilll. but hey he'll take you to china on an expensive tour to that you can train with some bald chinese guy with a long chinese name that twists your tonuge when you try to say it.

in the end, if you guys don't agree wiht what i say, nothing that i say more will make you agree, but oh well, you may not have reached that level or been exposed to that type of kung fu, in the end it doesnt matter anyways, there's too many people that don tkonw hwat they're doing that i should be used to it by now, someone onec told me if a sifu talks higly of himself and prmotes himself so much, that doesnt' matter, but if the sifu talks down of others to make himself look better, then that's a problem and so far wing hasnt done that, not that i have heard of, but anyways, whatever, no more typing on this topic, it's pointless, gene will think he's good and well,. .. ok. ok **** mymail jut came and i got myspeeding ticket.

Hi word,

Out of curriosity, how have you seen Wing Lam? Videos or inperson? I am not defending him as I really don't know him and have not seen his stuff. I have several videos, but I know first hand how decieving videos can be. Perhaps first hand experience is better judgement.

As far as qualifications, I can't answer that. Lam sifu has done many things to promote kung fu. I am sure his skills are fine. I am also sure there are many better, though that is probably subjective. I also don't see any problem with Wing Lam training with YC Wong or Jack Man Wong. I doubt wither would claim him as a student as I am sure Lam doesn't claim them as teachers. Are you in the Bay Area? Does YC Wong and Jack Man Wong know your using there names? How about Lum Jo's son's?

And just what is your purpose of this thread? Do you study Hung Gar? Are you better than Lam Sifu? Who are you? Does Lam Chun Fai even know you? Probably should worry about yourself more than worring about Lam Sifu. If Jack Man Wong or YC Wong have any problems with Lam sifu, that is between them and I am sure they would clear it up if need be. I doubt it is much of an issue, but I suggest you talk directly to YC Wong or Wing Lam if you have any quesions. Both have Net representatives and neither are too hard to find.

Tom
    ________
    ****ing face
    Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Originally posted by word
    in the end, if you guys don't agree wiht what i say, nothing that i say more will make you agree, but oh well, you may not have reached that level or been exposed to that type of kung fu, in the end it doesnt matter anyways, there's too many people that don tkonw hwat they're doing that i should be used to it by now, someone onec told me if a sifu talks higly of himself and prmotes himself so much, that doesnt' matter, but if the sifu talks down of others to make himself look better, then that's a problem and so far wing hasnt done that, not that i have heard of, but anyways, whatever, no more typing on this topic, it's pointless, gene will think he's good and well,. .. ok. ok **** mymail jut came and i got myspeeding ticket.
    WORD SEEMS TO HAVE A BIG AXE TO GRIND WITH SIFU WING LAM AND HIS EXECUTION OF FORMS, BUT READ THIS QUOTE " If a sifu talks down of others to make himself look better, then that's a problem" NOW THIS IS WHAT HE ALSO SAYS "you may not have reached that level or been exposed to that type of kung fu, in the end, it doesn't matter anyways, there's too many people that don't know what they're doing that I should be used to it by now". I DON'T KNOW IF WORD IS A SIFU OR NOT, BUT WITH WHAT HE SAYS IN THE SECOND QUOTE, I THINK HE DESCRIBES HIMSELF IN MY FIRST QUOTE.

Re: wing lam learned hung from a girl

Women in general are better teachers and better students than males. Just dont trust them with secrets. They have a psychological need to gossip. They have four lips.
    --
    Mountweazel (n.) the phenomenon of false entries within dictionaries and works of reference. Often used as a safeguard against copyright infringement. The Liar's Dictionary by Eley Williams

the truth is what people wants to hear or feel they dont want to hear.

i feel for "word" for the point he tries to make. but i dont believe in trolling someone in public.

what has been said in the house of a school should remain there as it is the opinion of the students and teachers be it truth or gossip.

highest authority on this matter is lum jo and he doesnt make a public issue of it so no one else should.

now if you have information on how things are misinforming then on a public forum you can state it.

if you present yourself as trolling someone then no one will listen to you. if you say the history of things someone said is wrong and back it up with records people will take your words more constructive.

YC and Lum Jo

I guess I haven't been on this board long enough to be innured to the rantings of Word. He made a couple of comments that are just beyond my imagination.

Did he actually try to make a comparison between Lum Jo and YC Wong's Hung Gar and say YC 's was more authentic or did I just dream that?

Jum Jo is YC Wong's Sifu for cying out loud. How could YC's Hung Gar be more authentic than his own teachers? I am well aware of the differences seeing as YC Wong has been my Sifu for about 9 years now. I know that the Hong Kong guys play it a bit different from us, but it is hardly more "the expresion of what hung should be". I'm in a mine field here because I can't state too directly on a public forum how I feel they are different without risking influencing my relationship with various students of Sifu or maybe even Sigung, but I gotta say, Trying to put YC above his own Sifu just takes the cake.

This is all for now. LMAO ROFL and anything else I can say to express the idocy of a statement like that.

:)

Word ... u must be pretty awsome.. and very high level skill to critise people of 20 or 30 years experience.. how long have u study hung gar?

can i see some pic or mpeg or vid of u doing hung gar please?

thanks

BearBear

mm ho yong hao, yong sao
    don't use your mouth, use your hands
    Last edited by BearBear; 12-13-2002 at 06:41 AM.

If Word has a beef with SiGung Wing Lam, perhaps he should go right to the source. Or maybe speak in person with some of SiGung's senior students. I'm sure they would be more than willing to discuss these matters. Word, what do you have to gain by mouthing off about someone on the internet? This goes for any troll who uses the internet to discredit an established Grandmaster. These are people who have paid their dues and dedicated their lives to promoting the arts. Regardless of what you think of their style or their skills. They deserve respect because they have worked for it. So again, Word, who the hell are you to discredit them?
    "We'll show him.....Chinese Boxing!"

word

"in the end, if you guys don't agree wiht what i say, nothing that i say more will make you agree,"
    "
    That's because your criticisms are unintelligent.

"someone onec told me if a sifu talks higly of himself and prmotes himself so much, that doesnt' matter, but if the sifu talks down of others to make himself look better, then that's a problem and so far wing hasnt done that, not that i have heard of,"
    Case and point - you're talking down of others, word. Just what is your beef with my Sifu anyway? Aside from the fact that he produced a martial pest like me?

"no more typing on this topic"
    Is word good to his word? I think not. Let's watch and see.

"**** mymail jut came and i got myspeeding ticket."
    That's karma.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart