Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wing lam learned hung from a girl

Blog Entries
    Hmm word,

You said Wing Lam does his Nothern Shaolin like his Hung Gar and vice versa...

If someone were to accuse me of that, i'd take it as a compliment.
    I guess HG didn't come from shaolin roots so that must be a bad thing...poppy****!
    * That's totall nonsense, Shaolin kicks are my standard to judge by. Not many can equil the kicks of shaolin in speed and power. At least as performed by the top monks.

Never mind that EVERYBODIES kung fu should be an evolutionary process, always changing and never standing still.

I guess whomever you are learning kf from is still doing HG the same way he learned it from the beginning?
    ** Word, are you implying that Y.C. is your Sifu? Say it isn't so, he is too respected to have a moron like you as a student.

And I don't even need to get started with the whole Wong Jack Man accusation. We kicked your arse verbatim with sound arguments long ago. You've only waited what(1 yr?), to resume your idiotic dribble.

You didn't have a leg to stand on then, nor do you now.

haha
    "O"
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Nobody kicks a dead dog

Hi everybody.
    Yes, I have heard that nonsense before. GM Kwong Wing Lam is an uncle in Beishaolin to me, and I respect him a lot. Curiously, what I most like from him is:
    1) His strong fundation in Hung Gar Kung Fu
    2) His nice students who are a proof of his integrity and skill
    3) His videos which show he has kept training as his new ones show him better than in the older ones.
    Skill is skill. I can't assure nor deny the true in the accusation, but I cannot deny he is something. He has made a lot of contribution to Bak Siu Lam, Hung Gar and Ha Say Fu styles.
    He has had the humility to compete in Jinan in 1991. I have the pleasure to see him performing the same tai chi chuan movements I do.
    I am a humble instructor in Buenos Aires, Argentina, student under GM Chan Kowk Wai (Bak Siu Lam). KWL is my aunt in kung fu. In my country, my brother and I are (perhaps) among the most important kung fu sifus of our country.
    I have received emails saying that I am not Chan Kowk Wai student, that I am not a teacher, that...many nonsense words.
    I allways say the same: NOBODY KICKS A DEAD DOG.
    Or as in Spanish Literature you can read:
    "they are barking, Sancho, that means we are riding".
    Peace
    Horacio
    Horacio Di Renzo
    Asociacion Kai Men Kung Fu -Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Formal Student of GM Chan Kowk Wai
    http://www.kaimen.com.ar

Re: Nobody kicks a dead dog

NOBODY KICKS A DEAD DOG.
    Senior Quiote obviously doesn't go online much.

Both you HDR & your brother are known by those that travel those parts of the world. Good season's greetings to you & your brother & I hope all is well with the both of you & your families.

Horacio is for real. Hi Horacio-greetings to Claudio.
    Just passing through! I dont visit much here.
    As you know Sifu Wing Lam's standing is not affected by
    the xxxx chats that occur on lists.
    joy chaudhuri

Hey Horacio

KWL is my aunt in kung fu.
    I think you mean "uncle." Wouldn't want anyone to get sexually confused, especially given the topic of this thread.

Nice to see our BSL cousins outside the Shaolin forum!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Uncle Uncle! :-)))

Dear Gene:
    PLEASE forgive my mistake! I must have been confused by the macho attitude of the first post jaja...anyway, kindest regards to your Excelent Master, you and your families, and greetings extended to my Dear Friend Joy and other fellows who have had so nice action to salute.
    Peace
    Horacio
    Horacio Di Renzo
    Asociacion Kai Men Kung Fu -Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Formal Student of GM Chan Kowk Wai
    http://www.kaimen.com.ar

No need to ask forgiveness Horacio

I'm sure I'd make even more mistakes like such if I had to write in Spanish (or Portuguese.) No problemo, mi primo.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

so what if sifu lam learned from a women. does that make him any less a sifu. how many of you learned anything from your mother?.......does that make you any less a man.
    get off your high horse.

md1
    It's not what you know, but who's first with the best.

Wing Chun anyone ?

It doesn't matter

Back in September, I had the pleasure of meeting Master Kwong Wing Lam and two of his students. He (KWL) was a very gentle and kind man who had demonstrated great calm in a situation where others may choose not to be calm.

I think the focus on who he may or may not have learned from is irrelavent if you are not a student of his. Just as he has demonstrated his calm in the past, I believe he would under the circumstance that are written in this post which is aimed at criticizing him.

A person who has not put himself in the eye of the public to be criticized should not make an attempt at someone who has. It does not matter what you think of his skill level or who you asked to confirm the authenticity of his training. The one truth is that he has displayed his ability to master himself and his emotions.

KWL should be respected for his ability to spread the martial arts of China but northern and southern. His contribution to martial arts have kept many interested in gung fu be it through media or directly at his kwoon.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu
    The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

SUBTAI

If someone told you that your shaolin looks just like your hung then thta's a negative comment, because why is each style branced out in a different STYLE anywyas/ because they all have their own distinct flavor]

Yes, marital arts revolve aroudn the same principles, but they have their own uniquess and that wong jack man thing, what you mean you aruged about it before? i'm saying he learned from him before he got kicked out, but will your sifu admit that he trained there? i never said yc wong is my sifu but i sure say he represtns good hung in the usa, i've seen him demo his hung , tai chi in tournaemtns, teach shoalin and wing chun at his school and seen a few of his great wepaon videos. sarcasm. i'l end on this note, all styles dont look the saem and shouldn't look the same, where did KWL master shaolin, hung, tai chi, xing yi, wing chun, shuai chiao along with all the weapons and other sets? wow look slike he's getting his hands on any style , sets , forms that he can sell .

word-

I totally disagree with what you say about the shaolin flavour coming through in styles.

many styles have been "touched" by shaolin and if not for shaolin, many styles would have fallen away long ago.

also- there are fundaments of body mechanics that are same same across all human form. the shaolin codified and cannonized these fundaments long ago. the shaolin flavour is quite apparent in "walking" for instance, because if done correctly, then the body mechanics and kinetric motion are 100% efficient.

if 2 styles show the same body mechanics then this is good because it shows that both styles ( or 3 or 10 or what have you) understand the correct principles of kinetic energy and bio mechanical motion of the human form.

the position of strength, the root, the fluidity, etc etc, is all the same, to say different or to think different imho is incorrect assumption.

practice more.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Personally, I find this whole thread one that should have been deleted long ago! To attempt to discredit a good sifu with such nonsense is quite childish and it seems to me that this is driven by jealousy for the success of Kwong Wing Lam sifu and his Kwoon.

No two individuals are the same and thus every person brings their own uniqueness to any given set. That said aside, Kwong Wing Lam sifu does not perform Hung Gar like Bak Sil Lum nor his Bak Sil Lum like Hung Gar and this is CLEARLY evident in his videos which I had the opportunity of viewing a number of years ago.

GHD

What's wrong with Kwong Wing Lam SELLING videos?

Lam Sifu does a great job of marketing and presenting his information. I know - I have bought all sorts of stuff from him and not once have I been dissatisfied.

As far as learning from a woman goes, some of the most vicious techniques I ever learned were from women. Don't mess with women who know how to fight.

word, you have stated repeatedly on this forums that your videos would be vastly superior to Kwong Wing Lam's.

Since you are allegedly a kung fu man, PROVE IT by putting your videos on the market. Let's see if your videos sell more than Wing Lam's do.

Better yet, pay Lam Kwoon a visit and voice your opinions. You've been there in person before but were too afraid to present yourself. But maybe you've gained strength since then.

Perhaps they'll learn a thing or two from you, since they're the ones you're criticizing.