Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18 Daoist Palms = Authentic?

18 Daoist Palms = Authentic?

http://www.ironpalm.com/
    I was kinda interested in this style, especially their "burning palm" and "fire palm" techniques", which you learn from videos. What do you guys think of it?

Hmm...If memory serves, that's James Lacy's system. I read a lot of halaballoo about it some time ago. I won't bother repeating any of it, as I don't know fact from fiction on the matter, but I would suggest you do a search for "James Lacy" on the forum and see what comes up...

Pulls out popcorn and picinic tables

RD shows up with the beer, grabs a seat and offers a cold one to Diego.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    after downing a few beers and some popcorn, puts on shooting ear protection, ****s, rolls over and goes to sleep.

He breaks coconuts...sorry I couldn't help it. He has been in a few magazines, has some thoughts, makes them public...I have no first hand knowledge of him.

Grabs beer, brings more to share.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best, and expect something in between. -RTW
    If you had …one shot…one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, one moment, would you capture it, or just let slip.

Darnit, all this beer going around and not much else!

Hehe, now I'm really glad I never bought into his system. LOL

That's true, he is a coconut breaking machine. If your enemy is a baked coconut, the 18 Daoist Palms system is the weapon of choice.

definitely a good idea to stay away from that crazy old coot, do a search on this site and sit back and enjoy the read... helps if you are inebriated, 'cause there was a ton of laughs last time i checked

D
    I love the smell of iron palm in the morning, it smells like.... victory

RD asks

Anyone got some Cashews, or Peanuts or something??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Opps, I made the mistake of putting my Beer down, and looking at this guys site.

In my humbe opinion, he's a Kempo guy. The first video clip I looked at is obviously some sort of Karate. (although you might say the same for my Southern tai tzu sets.)

Did this guy make up the style 18 taoist palms?? Or did he learn it from someone?

For the Women:

+ = & a

I wonder who's the better fighter, Emin Boztepe, Randy Williams or Jim Lacy? They all seem very good.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

*offers large bowl of cashews around*

Can I have a beer?

I love the way these things come round every once in a while. They circulate like comets, every so often passing within laughing distance again.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Talking LOL< LOL

Takes some Cashews , offers a beer , brings the chips and dip and decides to stay out of this one. awwwhhhhhh kung fu brothers and beer to go around life gets no better than this.
    Blackspear

i'm not gonna have to get the hate rolling again am i? i just don't have the energy anymore. all i can say is that his website looks goofy and thus he and his art seem questionable. i don't care for the way he does business. thats all i have.