Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Cradle 2 the Grave" trailer- Jet li & DMX

"Cradle 2 the Grave" trailer- Jet li & DMX

Here is the new Jet Li movie "Cradle 2 the Grave" trailer with DMX.

It looks fun

trailer

can anyone say Romeo Must Die the sequel...

Thumbs up

I could dislike that.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

****ing horrible
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

i fu cking hate jet li. he is way too talented to being doing that stupid ****. some wire work is spice, but completely defying the laws of gravity and physics is just crap.
    where's my beer?

Thumbs up

Agreed.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    some wire work is spice, but completely defying the laws of gravity and physics is just crap.
    I like wire work/CG effects when they're appropriate. Like, in the Matrix, it makes sense for them to be doing wire-work fighting, because they're superhuman. Ditto for Blade, and The One. The big problem is after the success of the Matrix, moviemakers started sticking those kind of effects into any old movie, including ones where it makes no goddamn sense. Jet didn't do a lot of wire work in Romeo Must Die, but he shouldn't have done any; his character was just a good martial artist, not superman.

I do agree with you about Jet's talents being squandered. He's a good martial artist who is great at making his fight scenes look good on screen, but he's made a lot of terrible movies, and a lot of movies that threw in loads of wire work when his own skill could have carried the fight scenes on its own.

agreed 100% father dog.

so why are there so many jetli fanboys?
    where's my beer?

true
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Because Jet Li's fanziquan has got the best kung lik!
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

agreed 100% father dog.

Well, some of them became Jet Li fanboys back before he hit the American cinema. A lot of his old movies, like Fist of Legend or Once Upon A Time In China, have no wire work; just well-coreographed fight scenes. And, of course, when people become big fans of someone, they tend to stay that way even when that person starts producing things of less quality... look how many Metallica fans there still are

And, of course, some people just think wirework is kewl, even when it doesn't make much sense.

"look how many Metallica fans there still are "

ok . ... it makes more sense now.
    where's my beer?

Well, some of them became Jet Li fanboys back before he hit the American
    cinema. A lot of his old movies, like Fist of Legend or Once Upon A Time In
    China, have no wire work; just well-coreographed fight scenes. And, of
    course, when people become big fans of someone, they tend to stay that
    way even when that person starts producing things of less quality... look
    how many Metallica fans there still are

So true..
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

METALLICA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honest Neutral Clarity

Red face

Uhhhhhhhhh Hello?!?!?!?!?

Its a M....O....V....I....E.
    It doesn't need to make sense or be "streetwise" or worry about going against Vitor with it.

It's supposed to E....N....T....E....R....T....A....I....N.
    Wire work is part of the F....A....N....T....A....S....Y of the story.

"A lot of his old movies, like Fist of Legend or Once Upon A Time In
    China, have no wire work; just well-coreographed fight scenes."

That too.