Thread: Trademarked wing chun?

Trademarked wing chun?

Could anyone enlighten me on whether anyone has trademarked any of the wing chun spellings? I read somewhere that Leung Ting trademarked WingTsun (but not Wing Tsun) as a way of identifying his specific interpretation of the system.

Thanks in advance to those that can help.

My Trademarks

Originally posted by Neo
    Could anyone enlighten me on whether anyone has trademarked any of the wing chun spellings? I read somewhere that Leung Ting trademarked WingTsun (but not Wing Tsun) as a way of identifying his specific interpretation of the system.

Thanks in advance to those that can help.
    You're correct. But, if you use Whing Chuun (c) or Weng Tshun (c), I own you.
    John Weiland
    "Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth
    and you will get neither." --C. S. Lewis

So Neo, how come you are no longer affiliated with EBMAS. Just curious.
    FCF: So, who will you be facing at the next PRIDE event?

'It doesn't matter who the opponent is, I expect to win by knockout'

-Vanderlai Silva

Reply to question

Not a reason that I would construe as political, although it was a disagreement with a policy, ie financial, so some would say it was. basically the UK instructors felt that the pricing structure for instructors did nothing to help them develop within the UK. other groups within EBMAS have been established for quite some time. There was no hard feelings and having trained with Sifu Emin, all the instructors have the utmost respect for his skills which are superb. A lot of people are now joining the Alliance set up by Escrima Master Steve Tappin as it a network, not an organisation. There are three WT masters involved, such as Sifu Hans Jorg Reimers and Sifu Iadarola but its all about sharing knowledge and very little politics.

Enough, no more politics, if you class it as that!

As for me, I'm setting up my own little group!
    Alasdair Kirby
    VingTzun Concepts
    www.vingtzun.co.uk

I know for sure that Wing Tsun is trademarked here in Australia. I dunno about WingTsun though...
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

Neo,
    I think that the spelling Wing Tchun is copyrighted to Nick Smart in the UK.

trademark

hi, sorry to hear about the ebmas debacle.
    i left the iwta with nick smart in 1995 for the same sort of reasons.
    as for copy right wing tchun is copyrighted and so is our new tag of autodefence.
    i would be careful using wing tsun as i am sure the grand one has many legal influences.
    good luck with the co-op.