View Poll Results: How many of you guys have shoes?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have shoes.

9 60.00%
  • I don't have shoes but I want some.

0 0%
  • I don't really like shoes.

3 20.00%
  • I'll wear anything that's comfortable and doesn't smell too bad.

3 20.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shoes

Gene-(or anyone who knows those shoes) what width do those shoes come in?
    If I am 8 1/2 EEE- what should I get?
    Equivalent to
    8H or 9?
    joy

That's a fair question...

...too bad I have no idea how to answer it. I'd need some sort of shoe gauge to figure out what EEE means exactly and fit it to those shoes. That's a lot of effort to close a $14.25 item. OK, seriously now, if I knew I'd tell ya. For me, and I have a wide foot generally, I find Feiyues stretch a lot (and they're lace ups) so when it comes to sizing, I generally go for a tigher shoe, knowing that they will loosen over time. In fact, once I wore a pair that was a size beneath me because some one sold me the wrong size and it was too much of a hassle to go all the way back to China to exchange it (this was before anyone was importing them). I suppose it really comes down to how finicky you are about shoe size. I know a lot of people with delicate feet and have some very specific demands. I think my feet are pretty delicate, but I can only think of one time when I couldn't get my foot to mold a shoe to do my bidding. I know that doesn't really answer your question, but it's the best I can do without putting a shoe on your foot.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

how is training shoes supposed to fit. is your toe touch the front of the shoe. mine has small gap but the heels are too big. i am sliding around and feel unsafe in them. i had to change to samba in the middle of training. may be i'll try half size smaller or try heel support or something.

Thumbs up

4 Years?!?! man i blow a pair of feiyues/kwons out in a few months. They dont last a really long time, but for the time that they do last, I would rather wear them over any other brand. Of course the style i practice has a lot of sliding moves etc. They definately have my vote.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Thanks Gene- Ordered a pair -to get started.

Joy

Glad to be of service

Thanks for your order!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Serena Williams shoe is Kung Fu inspired

There's a vid version of this if you follow the link. There are pix too and I'm too lazy to dig out the code right now to embed them here.

How Kobe Bryant, Kung Fu helped Serena design her Wimbledon shoe

BY TIM NEWCOMB
    Twitter
    Posted: Fri Jun. 26, 2015
    You can credit Kobe Bryant and the Kung Fu philosophy for the design of Serena Williams' completely new on-court footwear for Wimbledon 2015.

As Nike designer Aaron Cooper worked with Serena, creating the first on-court shoe engineered specifically for the dominating American, it was a small strain of Serena worry that helped shape the new NikeCourt Flare.

“At the time, I was having issues rolling my ankle,” the 20-time Grand Slam singles champion says. “So I wanted to create a shoe that would give me a lot of stability and make me a better player.”

But that stability wasn’t going to come in the form of an onslaught of hefty materials. Cooper and his team went a different direction, one that focused on a lightweight product. “At first, she was looking to achieve this stability through a bigger and more built-up shoe," he says. "But what she actually needed was the opposite. Stability can be achieved through a more minimal, low-profile shoe without sacrificing the protection you still need.”
    That’s where Kobe’s signature basketball line makes an impact on the Serena-focused NikeCourt Flare. Cooper says convincing Williams that she should switch her thinking from bulk to streamline started with showing her the evolution of Kobe’s line and how his designs have turned more flexible and with a lower profile.

“Serena is friends with Kobe and she obviously respects his capabilities on the court,” Cooper says. “So she really responded to his story and was able to envision that translating to her performance. She embraced the idea and trusted the process.”
    But Cooper wasn’t going to copy the Kobe basketball shoe for the tennis court. He needed a different source on which to base his design. And he chose Kung Fu.

“An insight we gained (from working with a Kung Fu master) was this idea of unencumbered flexibility,” Cooper says. “The thought is that a product should be an extension of your body.”

While not new at Nike, as the Kung Fu-inspired prototype resting inside the Oregon company’s design center has already spawned sneakers for training and basketball, Cooper grabbed hold of the concept of creating an ankle cuff. Using neoprene, Cooper built a sleeve for Williams’ ankle—giving her the feeling of stability to increase her confidence of movement—while keeping the rest of the shoe a flexible low profile.
    “Mentally, when you have something around your ankle, you don’t think about it turning as much,” Williams says. “It feels like you have more balance.”

The cuff connects to an internal bootie and a midsole that doesn’t bond to the shoe, upping the cushioning quotient. With the material hugging the foot and ankle created, the NikeCourt Flare design went minimal on the shoe’s upper portion with composite materials designed for breathability and durability.

And instead of giving Williams a plank of rubber for the outsole, Cooper used pressure-mapping data to determine where exactly the shoe needed the most material for durability, allowing him to cut away material in other locations for a lighter, more flexible sole.
    The NikeCourt Flare was designed with Kobe and Kung Fu in mind. Now it’s up to Serena Williams to channel all the inspiration into tennis.

Tim Newcomb covers stadiums, design and gear for Sports Illustrated. Follow him on Twitter at @tdnewcomb.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2016!

Sorta random really. Once a Shaolin shoe salesman, always a Shaolin shoe salesman.

Chinese shoes dominate US market
    September 27, 2016 Inside Retail Asia

Chinese shoes are stepping up their market share in the US, expecting to account for 71 per cent of US footwear imports by 2018.

Footwear is also imported from Indonesia and Vietnam, but only in small numbers.

Latest official figures show that China dominated US footwear imports with a 68.6 percentage share in 2013, according to the latest publication from Ken Research of India, Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts, which offers analysis of clothing and footwear retailing including leading players, distribution channels, trends, challenges and opportunities.

China’s economy is in transition phase from being driven by manufacturing to being driven by consumption, especially in footwear sector, says the report.

China shoes US import report

https://insideretail.asia/wp-content...ort-report.png

It also says China’s clothing market has a bright future with per capita consumption projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.2 per cent over the next five years.

However, the report lists challenges as the high cost of imported raw material plus the government’s environmental concerns.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

wait...what?

sometimes web articles are un-grokable.

Kathryn Wilson - from kung fu shoes to the international runway
    DEBBIE JAMIESON
    Last updated 10:42, August 8 2017

Shoe designer Kathryn Wilson with celebrity guest Samantha Hayes and models at the launch of the Spring/Summer 17 collection as part of the Clicquot in the Snow event in Queenstown.

A passion for Kung Fu shoes in Papakura in the 1980s has led fashion shoe-designer Kathryn Wilson to international success and a regular spot in Queenstown's fashion scene.

For the sixth year Walker released her new spring/summer collection as part of the Clicquot in the Snow event in the resort.

This year's event was the largest yet with over 200 attendees, mainly women, at the Milford Sound Flights hangar for the glamorous 1960's PanAm Airways inspired catwalk and champagne.

The setting was colder than many of the punters expected but the shades of pastel pink and lilac leather, complimented with touches of Clicquot yellow and floral embroidery detailing were well received.

Speaking before the event Wilson said she grew up with two older sisters and a Mum who was a "true optimist".

Her mother would buy her daughters Kung Fu shoes and Commando Ms from Para Rubber and they would use Fluffit​ pens, Puff Paint and glitter pens to decorate them.

"I would take it a step further and cut the sides out and cut the toes out," said Wilson. "I would be stoked and think no one has a pair like mine."

Shoes became a logical career path as she worked in shoe stores after school, studied a Bachelor of Design and won a scholarship to study shoes in England.

"I was good at art and maths and not much else and encouraged to pursue something I liked."

She has gone on to become New Zealand's leading shoe designer, even having her shoes bought by Beyonce.

Ad Feedback

She describes her shoes as practical but fashionable.

"I guess they have a purpose but at the end of the day fashion foot wear is a want not a need."

The full Clicquot in the Snow programme included the highest croquet in the Southern Hemisphere with Clicquot Croquet, a four-course degustation lunch designed by Josh Emett at Rata, daily après-ski at the Snow Bar on Coronet Peak and a lavish Clicquot Rosé inspired closing party featuring Boh Runga and Jason Kerrison to conclude the festivities.

- Stuff
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Oh please

Please please please tell me KUNG FU SHOES are trending now.

Where to find Chinese ‘kung fu’ shoes in Hong Kong
    Plus sailor pants with buttons - why they’re not for everyone

BY THE DICTATOR
    4 AUG 2017

Slip-on leather shoes by COS.

Wide-leg cropped trousers have been cropping up everywhere. All you need to know is where to look. For nude shoes, look no further than Kahmune
    Where to find trendy cropped trousers
    Fa Yuen Street in Mong Kok is your starting point for a sneaker hunt. Picture: SCMP
    Where the cool kids buy their sneakers in Hong Kong
    A screen grab from YouTube shows Kyoto Ohata’s and her “pigeon shoes”. Picture: courtesy of Kyoto Ohata
    Pigeon shoes? Where to find fancy bird shoes
    The crochet number worn by the model created ripples in Cannes recently; the trousers can be traced to Bali-based designer Andi Bagus
    Where to find Bella Hadid’s ‘naked pants’
    Wide-leg cropped trousers have been cropping up everywhere. All you need to know is where to look. For nude shoes, look no further than Kahmune

Fa Yuen Street in Mong Kok is your starting point for a sneaker hunt. Picture: SCMP

Ballerinas have always been a bit too sweet for me – ask anyone who knows me! I thought it would be nice to go to that stall off Hollywood Road and try some of those old-fashioned, Chinese leather kung fu shoes that curve up at the toes (not the ones with elastic at the sides or the mary janes). They’ve disappeared and I’m leaving in a few days!
    Stalled and Shoeless, Po Hing Fong

The Dictator rules: Anyone who knows you is probably rolling their eyes right now.

Leather? The kung fu shoes you speak of are more commonly sold in black fabric with white cloth soles. Actually, the martial arts slipper is also marketed for tai chi.

The old bespoke cobbler Tam Kwok-kwong has always been elusive, and you don’t have time for custom orders now anyway. Instead, pop around the corner for a classic cloth pair at Hip Wo Housewares (HK$85; 180A Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan). You can find them at old-school Chinese products stores, too, including Yue Hwa (301 Nathan Road, Jordan) and Chinese Goods Centre (395 King’s Road, North Point).

Local slipper maker Sindart does gorgeous ones in Chinese brocade (about HK$300; 1/F, Bowring Centre, 150 Woosung Street, Jordan). Find them in leather via websites such as Chinese Clothing Online(HK$720) and Tai Chi Suits By Cathy. Or, if you can navigate Taobao.com, go there. Fashion labels taking inspiration from the timeless design this season include COS, which has been doing its lamb’s leather slip-ons (HK$790) for several seasons now. Finally, we would be remiss if we left out Gucci’s convertible platform pumps consisting of golden flats with 3.5-inch removable leather platforms (HK$9,600; Net-a-Porter).

I’ve always wanted a pair of those sailor trousers with the buttons but, of course, now that I’m looking for them I can’t find them anywhere. Could you be my fashion compass (har har) and also tell me what body type they’re meant for?
    Setting Sail, Pok Fu Lam

The Crosby cropped sailor pants with buttons by Derek Lam.
    The Crosby cropped sailor pants with buttons by Derek Lam.
    The Dictator: Let’s be honest. I don’t know you. I don’t parti*cularly want to know you. I have no idea what you look like. And I am regularly con*founded by the generic advice put out there. Some recom*mend a higher rise pant such as this to make big thighs look leaner; others claim they are ideal for boyish frames, creating the illusion of a waist. Suffice it to say, sailor trousers will accentuate the waist and elongate the legs somewhat. You really won’t know what that means for you until you put them on.

Derek Lam does this style particularly well, including a pair in black with white stitch details (HK$6,900; Harvey Nichols). Repetto, the French brand you probably know only as a ballet-shoe maker, has a lovely black pique cotton pair you might like (originally HK$3,300, now 40 per cent off at HK$1,980; IFC Mall, Central).

Since the summer sales are on, you’ll also find Balmain’s white denim moto jeans with a gold-buttoned front panel reduced from HK$10,270 (Joyce, Pacific Place, Admiralty). J Brand’s Zion mid-rise cropped skinny jeans in light blue wash denim does the look subtly, with buttons all the way out on the hips (HK$1,900; Lane Crawford, IFC Mall). Alexander McQueen puts a naval twist on pleated black-wool-silk-blend culottes (HK$9,700; Lane Crawford).

For more, see Alexander Wang, Tahari, Banana Republic, Polo Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs and ModCloth.com.

Got a question for the Dictator? Email her with your name, or alias, and address at: dictator@scmp.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Those look like old lady shoes.

Don't Trip is a great thing to put on a shoe

SNEAKERS
    From the ground up

Here’s Your First Look at Kendrick Lamar’s “Kung-Fu Kenny” Nike Cortez
    By Graeme Campbell in Sneakers7 hours ago3864 Shares1 Comment

Having left Reebok for Nike back in August, we can now peep a first look at Kendrick Lamar’s latest signature Cortez.

The sneaker pays tribute to Kendrick’s Kung-Fu Kenny alter ego, sporting red medial and lateral panels and a white throat and toe box. The classic Cortez Swoosh is also incorporated in white, while black laces, Chinese text embroidery – directly translating to English as “Supposed to Die,” but has a double entendre that means “****” — and a “DON’T TRIP” lace holder complete the eye-catching look.

View image on Twitter

Kendrick Lamar

@kendricklamar
    DON'T TRIP. CORTEZ KENNY

7:15 PM - Dec 18, 2017
    838 838 Replies 31,291 31,291 Retweets 116,105 116,105 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Kendrick first announced the new partnership with a Twitter post bearing the caption, “Cortez. Since day one. #teamnike #TDE.” Despite being tied to Reebok, the rapper has never hidden affections for Bill Bowerman’s first commercial shoe, famously co-signing “White T’s and Nike Cortez” on 2013’s “Control” track with Big Sean. Recently, K-Dot wore the shoe throughout the ****. tour, and back in October, an all red version surfaced complete with the “TDE” acronym (Top Dawg Entertainment — the label he’s signed to).

View image on Twitter

Kendrick Lamar

@kendricklamar
    Cortez. Since day one. #teamnike #TDE @nike @nikelosangeles

12:02 PM - Aug 26, 2017
    452 452 Replies 5,943 5,943 Retweets 21,284 21,284 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    It remains to be seen whether the kick will see a public rollout, but having remixed various classic models during his time at Reebok — namely the Ventilator, Classic Leather and Club C — we expect Kendrick will be busy with the Beaverton design team throughout 2017.

Stay posted for further information.

Kendrick Lamar’s hometown, Compton, is inextricably tied to the Cortez. Here’s what real ‘heads from there think about it.

Kung Fu Kenny meets shoes.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kung Fu Panda Reebok Collection

There are more pix from different angles if you follow the link.
    Reebok Releasing Special Kung Fu Panda Collection

by Mario Briguglio
    Dec 28, 2020
    Kung Fu Panda Reebok Collection

To celebrate the fourth installment of the Kung Fu Panda franchise releasing in 2021, Reebok will be offering a special collection similar to what they did with the Minions back in October 2020.

The collection includes the Reebok Instapump Fury and two Reebok Club C color options. The Instapump Fury sports a Panda-like Black and White upper paired with Tan overlays, dual pull tabs, Gum rubber soles completed with Kung Fu Panda graphics on the Pump and insoles.

Both Club Cs are completed different from each other, with one featuring a Sail upper with special details, graphic lining and insoles atop a Gum sole, while the other is constructed in a mix of materials. Those include suede, canvas, corduroy, and burlap, completed with co-branded tongues and graphic insoles.

Kung Fu Panda Reebok Release Date
    Look for the Kung Fu Panda x Reebok Collection to release on January 15th at select retailers and Reebok.com.

Kung Fu Panda x Reebok Instapump Fury
    Style Code: GZ8632
    Release Date: January 15, 2021

Kung Fu Panda x Reebok Club C 85
    Style Code: GZ8633

Kung Fu Panda x Reebok Club C 85
    Style Code: GZ8634
    threads
    Shoes
    Kung-Fu-Panda