Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Wu Gong Yee vs. Chan Hak Fu

HAHAHAHA!

Were they even doing kung fu?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

the crane guy looked like he was using extreme basic punches, and did not want to commit...like he didn't even want to be there....have to watch it agian later, but the way yall made it sound out was like they were falling all over the place....it actually reminded me of slapboxing with a friend which is why i think it was just a boxing match without gloves......which is respectable enough if one views in that context.

however i read the mag article claiming that was a great fight with hidden technique and NO......they didn't even commit and neither truely lost composure except when they did those lame kicks......did someone say no kicks in the rule?. Thought i read that!?.

Where's the rules to the fight?.

No No scholar hate to correct you but Ma did outrank him. And no the Hong Kong School was led by Chui Zi yut now obviously there are more but the original was Chui. Gong yees school was in Singapore. I went to 2 schools in HOng Kong and both have a connection to Chui yet neither had any conecction to GONG Yi. I met ma's son in Shanghai and had lunch with him and he did'nt have great english but his wife did so she translated for us and even though I did'nt ask him all the diffrent sources I've connected to (My master, The gold Wu family book {dont know the name}, And the new family book with a red cover) But even from them All still validate that Ma was the person who the title was presented to and ma was the person who most of the training was passed on to.

Ma Yueh-Liang and Wu Style

I would only like to make a clarification and will not touch on the fight as I do not feel I am qualified to do so. As Scholar pointed out, Wu Ying-Hua was Wu Kung-Yi's younger sister (she was born in 1907, he was born in 1900). Also, Master Ma was married into the family. Why would Wu Chien-Chuan pass his family art down to his son-in-law versus his eldest son? Take a look at the official Wu Style website www.wustyle.com for the Wu family's history.

Bai He what site did you get this link from

what site is it, thanks. this is why I study boxing, because if you understanding boxing as an combat excerise kungfu comes easier. After my first boxing match, (which I lost, but got alot of good hits in) my kungfu came out so good, and felt like it was really made to fight something. it came so perfect and natural, and just felt more deadly, like a weapon. What is the site you got this link from

Hey Dre,
    I pulled the clip off emptyflower. As far as the origin of the site
    I'm not sure.