Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Wu Gong Yee vs. Chan Hak Fu

Jon, you really aren't getting this are you?

We told you if you don't do it for real, it isn't going to work when it has to. Your response was to ask if our military trains "for real" and my answer was "YES"

And once again, YES, you are incorrect on a number of issues.

Whatever symantic issues you want to play, the reality is that the military does train for real, and even if you don't know about it doesn't make it not so. My guess, you don't know thing #1 about real military training.

From a military point of view, learning that your force is useless and is going to get killed is better learned in training than in combat. Tough issue for many to understand or accept, but from a military training and planning point of view, better a few dead in BT than a lot dead in action. Argue with me if you want, it's true, just deal with it

How the Soviet Union trained its forces in no "fairy tale" no matter what you want to believe. YOu can call it stupid, but let's remember that you are NOT in charge of an advanced sophisticated military force now are you?

As for your last question, perhaps I should ask if you are aware there is no longer a Soviet Union?

"Jon, you really aren't getting this are you?"
    * Good point.

"We told you if you don't do it for real, it isn't going to work when it has to."
    * That is a rubbish, 'isnt going to work' apperently you know the outcome of every situation before it begins. No point arguing with someone who has already made up there mind.

"Your response was to ask if our military trains "for real" and my answer was "YES""
    * I never asked this question, reread my posts. I stated there are certain things they CANT train for real for very obvious reasons.

"And once again, YES, you are incorrect on a number of issues."
    * Would not be the first time.

"Whatever symantic issues you want to play, the reality is that the military does train for real, and even if you don't know about it doesn't make it not so. My guess, you don't know thing #1 about real military training."
    * There is no point continuing on down this line as your trying to make an case for me which ive never tried to put forward. Im no expert on the military and have never pretended to be.

"From a military point of view, learning that your force is useless and is going to get killed is better learned in training than in combat."
    * No arguement here, what the heck are you telling me this for? Did i ever try to state that training was un nessersary?

"Tough issue for many to understand or accept, but from a military training and planning point of view, better a few dead in BT than a lot dead in action. Argue with me if you want, it's true, just deal with it"
    * Ive never argued the point of training, ill happily argue the idea that they deliberately put there soldiers in 'training' in situations where death is probable.

"How the Soviet Union trained its forces in no "fairy tale" no matter what you want to believe. YOu can call it stupid, but let's remember that you are NOT in charge of an advanced sophisticated military force now are you?"
    * Yeah i stand corrected, forcing your soldiers to fight prisoners is a top training method. It must be so becouse it was used by the Soviets...

"As for your last question, perhaps I should ask if you are aware there is no longer a Soviet Union?"
    * Yes all that millitary expertise really paid off didnt it.

Now im going to work while my dog of 12 years gets put down by my parents, as such im not posting again and couldnt give a monkeys ass what else you wish to try and insinuate.
    Have a nice day i know i wont be...
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Bai He: I noticed this thread a bit late but I would really like to se that video clip. Your link doesn't work anymore though... Could you put it back up again please?

Or maybe someone else who downloaded it can post it somewhere? Anyone?
    Last edited by ripat; 01-12-2003 at 05:52 AM.

hey jon sorry to hear about your dog .

got to love people who get all sensitive when you point out they are wrong...

as an animal lover, sorry about your dog though, I've lost a few over the years, it is bad news, sorry

Hello, none of the links work for this video. Does anyone know a working link?.
    thanks

Hmm i just saw the video all the way through Take this into consideration Wu-Gong Yi (Tai-Chi) Was ****ed becasue Ma-Youagh Liang Sorry for spelling wrong Was passed his fathers title as head of the Wu style family he did'nt recieve the full training or at least didnt make an attempt to (best of my knowledge) The white crane dude was young and most likely ambitious so i dont know his whole story but i could speculate but I think both sides of the argument would agree that this fight does not represent either of our arts.

That fight looks like the under 10s division at a kickboxing competition.

i cant believe this thread has been ressurrected

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

working link please!!!!!!!!!!!

link works now. I think your all tripping, that was obviously a boxing match, there were no claws & elbows, etc...so whats the big deal...it's obviously they weren't trying to kill each other.

It wasn't great and it wasn't that bad imo as you can tell what their intent was how they remained a foot apart from each other...they were just waiting for the other guy to slip up and walk into his punch theirby knocking himself out.

i mean it's like saying ufc dudes are number one true killers because of how aggressive they fight.....but have they tested themselves agianst true killers........blah, i don't see what the big deal is.

lol at 3:30 when the twc guy steps to the left and smacks a left hook sending the tai chi guy under the ropes.

I know whereof I speak...

Rory,
    Who told you that Ma Yue liang outranked Wu Gong yee? Nope, not even. If you look at the Shanghai Wu Tai Chi website you will see that they say right there that the Hong Kong branch (Gong yee's school) is the senior.
    Heck, Ma was outranked by his wife, Wu Ying hua. SHE was the president of the Shanghai Chian Chuan Tai Chi Chuan Association, not him. Wu Ying hua was Wu Gong yee's little sister...

A draw?

Diego,
    At least the Tai Chi guy wasn't bleeding at the end of the match. He wasn't bruised at all, either, unlike the WC guy. Maybe he went under the rope to neutralize the strike? We do that in TCC, you know...

^ LMAO