Thread: when is testosterone highest?

when is testosterone highest?

and what effects does this have on your physical ability?
    There is another thread very similar to this but im asking just because I really wanted to know straight.....
    Also....could anyone tell me about semen retention and its effects, sorry if its abit of a dodgy q.....

Do a search on the semen retention thing. There's been some major threads on it before. (In the main forum I think).

As for testosterone, do you mean during life or during each day or what?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

testosterone is highest in the morning, then decreases as the day goes on.
    IMO, fertility doctors and urologists know more about it than most anyone, but for different reasons. do some research along those lines.
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

serpent I did look at that thread first.....but the thread is like 150 posts long so this is so I can get the info directly....
    what i want to know is - are testosterone levels higher or lower after ejaculation?
    Also is testosterone related to confidence

testosterone levels, if i remember correctly, are also high after a workout. this is to benefit muscular growth and proper recovery.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I was going to say that there's never been a study of semen retention and testosterone levels, and I decided to check. Last time I looked there wasn't really anything close. This first one is close. I haven't read the paper, but it sounds like they abstained completely, rather than using seminal retention techniques. The second one talks about differences in endocrine responses between arousal with and without orgasm.

PLC

World J Urol 2001 Nov;19(5):377-82
    Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence.

Exton MS, Kruger TH, Bursch N, Haake P, Knapp W, Schedlowski M, Hartmann U.

This current study examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence on the neuroendocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm. Hormonal and cardiovascular parameters were examined in ten healthy adult men during sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm. Blood was drawn continuously and cardiovascular parameters were constantly monitored. This procedure was conducted for each participant twice, both before and after a 3-week period of sexual abstinence. Plasma was subsequently analysed for concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations. Orgasm increased blood pressure, heart rate, plasma catecholamines and prolactin. These effects were observed both before and after sexual abstinence. In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence. These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males.

Neurosci Biobehav Rev 2002 Jan;26(1):31-44
    Orgasm-induced prolactin secretion: feedback control of sexual drive?

Kruger TH, Haake P, Hartmann U, Schedlowski M, Exton MS.

Recent studies from our laboratory have investigated the hormonal response to various forms of sexual stimulation, including film, masturbation, and coitus in both men and women. This series of studies clearly demonstrated that plasma prolactin (PRL) concentrations are substantially increased for over 1h following orgasm (masturbation and coitus conditions) in both men and women, but unchanged following sexual arousal without orgasm. Here we discuss evidence suggesting that the PRL response to orgasm may play an important role in the control of acute sexual arousal following orgasm. Supporting this position, chronic elevations of PRL (hyperprolactinemia) produce pronounced reductions in animal sexual activity, and significant reduction of libido and gonadal function in both men and women. These data suggest that PRL may represent a peripheral regulatory factor for reproductive function, and/or a feedback mechanism that signals CNS centres controlling sexual arousal and behaviour. Thus, we propose a theoretical model of the role of PRL as a neuroendocrine reproductive reflex.

thanks PL, the first extrct was especially interesting.....