Thread: Baji in Boston?

Baji in Boston?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a legitimate school teaching Baji in or around Boston? I have heard that Kay Chi Leung does not really go into the internal aspect so I don't see any value in that. I'm not trying to slam him in any way. If I am wrong, please correct me and I will run to his school!!

Thanks,
    4 Dragons

I am sorry but I don't know much about Kay Chi Leung other than he was and is the most powerful of all of Liu Yun Qiao's disciples. Its a shame if he doesn't teach baji. I saw him in the 1980 demonstration he sponsored at MIT and his xing yi, liu he spear, and 2nd form pi gua looked very, very powerful.

An interesting side note, his wife's father was Han Qing Tang so I am willing to bet his longfits and qinna is outstanding.

You might want to check out this site (a student of Kay Chi Leung):

http://members.aol.com/wstarpakua/index.html

Good luck in your search.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

check the yellow pages. I seem to remember there being one or two things there that could possibly help you

Thanks for the replies and the link! Nothing in the Yellow Pages except for Kay Chi Leung. I think if I can convince him to give me private lessons I am sure I will get the real deal. He probably has more in depth knowledge than anyone on the planet but getting someone to give up the real stuff is another story all together. I am about to start training in TCPM and I am sure that will be more than enough for quite awhile but still Baji looks very interesting. I have done some Hsing-I Chuan before and loved it! Baji is supposed to be Hsing-I on steroids.
    Thanks again for the replies!

Here is Kay Chi Leung's website:

http://www.jiannshyong.com/

Good luck!
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Leung Laoshi

I saw the same show as RAF. From every corner I have heard that Leung only shows the "skin and hair". I have been told by a number of sources that he is very skilled but just won't part with anything. Good luck.
    Buddy
    What's TCPM?

just a guess, but Traditional Chinese Praying Mantis?
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

TCPM = Tai Chi Praying Mantis

It's really incredible stuff and I don't need to add anything to it but I have a serious thirst for the wilder styles of Kung Fu!

Everyone have an excellent holiday!
    Take care,
    4 Dragons

Is that the one where they train to take and exchange HARD hits during a fight?

Muppet...

Yes!

baji in boston

4 Dragon,

I know of a baji teacher in Boston. Hit me up an email at guobaolo@hotmail.com.
    "For ministers, Taji quan is used to rule the country.
    For generals, Baji quan is used to defend the country."

Baji fist's baji is very, very good and you might want to hook up with this rising young star. This is no joke.

Merry Christmas Paolo!

Hope to see you next year at the tournament!

He also has a sharp looking kun wu sword performance, too!!

Exclamation

Thanks for spilling the beans on what Baji Fist may be competing with at the tournament next year. Hey all, Hope your having a great holiday and Happy New Year. BTW, If anybody finds out the real deal about Dr. Leung's classes, let me know. I can't believe he doesn't even list Baji on the web page of his???
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM