Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leung ting and his sifu leung sheung

leung ting and his sifu leung sheung

hi guys!!
    did anyone notice that in the latest leung ting interview, leung ting starts talking about leung sheung and than his comment is edited?
    does anyone know what the friction was between yip man and leung sheung?
    did leung sheung learn the bot tzam do from yip man or just the pole?
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

1. You should ask direct Leung Sheung students this. Of course since they do perform the Bat Jam Do that may or may not answer your question.

2. As Leung Ting quite publically jumped to Yip Man to be a student under him. It does not appear that Ting asked permission to do this.

3. After Yip Man's death there were reports in magazines in hong Kong that Leung Ting declared himself an 8th duan in Wing Tsun and the new "gatekeeper' of Wing Chun. This was refuted quite publically by members of the VTAA in a press conference, among which were people like Leung Sheung, Yip Chun, Wong Shun Leung and many others.

http://www.wingchun.hu/scandal.html

Is one of the more sensational versions of this event.

Suffice it to say, that Leung Ting seems NOT to have mellowed towards his former Sifu after all these years, as evidenced by his comments in his most recent book "Roots and Branches of the Wing Tsun system" and other places.

Leung Ting has seen the same thing within his own organization as has William Cheung and others. But hey each lineage has it's own share of politics and intrigue. I think each martial arts group has this, it's a part of human nature.
    Yeah Baby->
    http://www.calasanz.com/Media/windows_media_player/wing_chun_02.asf

Dont know and not really interested on "who what when were"
    about Leung Ting's background. Even with the Leung Shun link- some claim that it involved a student of leung Shun being the sifu rather than Leung Shun himself.

Really doesnt matter- Leung Ting has been at it for a while. To his credit he he doesnt say that he is teaching wc atleast with the wc
    or the vt spellings. he is also clear that he does things differently from others- heard him say so himself when WSL and TST first visited the US. His real strength is marketing- and the interview clearly shows that.

No offense,but who really cares about gossip.Imagine something happen yesterday for example two people get into a fight .You ask three people to relay you the story of what happened.You will get three different stories,then just add a healthy ego,and who knows if anything you hear is the truth.Your talking thirty years back come on.

Supposedly, Yip Bo-Ching began giving Yip Man large(r?) sums of money to learn the dummy and weapons, and Yip expected his other students to follow suit if they wanted the material as well. This led to a break down in relations between some for a while, which were later patched up. (Any real, long term relationship, has ups and downs).

RR

That article was poorly written, and made even worse by crap translation. Compound it by putting it in red writing on a black background and it was truly awful.

Going into all this crap will do no one any good. Forget it.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Thumbs up Andrew you are quite right.

Mr Nerlich,

You are quite right...

To make amends...

Go check this out:

http://www.calasanz.com/Media/window...ng_chun_02.asf

Yeah Baby->

Re: Andrew you are quite right.

Hi Scuba Steve,

I think I recognize this form from my collegiate water polo days. It's the jong set performed underwater. Notice how he practices the dive into the pool prior to the first 10 hands. That was a dead giveaway. And every once in a while his head comes up to gulp some air.

Regards,
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)

I talked to a few students under Leung Sheung and I asked them, "There are people on the net saying that Leung Sheung never learned the knives from Yip Man. Did he?"

Their replies, "Of course he did. If he didn't then how would we have learned the knives?"

**wing chun books**

Scuba, where did you find these clips. I needed a good laugh.Thanks for posting them.

Exclamation The Truth is Out There

Originally posted by anerlich

That article was poorly written, and made even worse by crap translation. Compound it by putting it in red writing on a black background and it was truly awful.

Cut and paste the article into a file for easier reading. It's worth the effort.

I believe the content is accurate in its facts and conclusions.

At that time, Leung Sheung, TST, Lok Yiu, and Wong Shun Leung could and did in fact speak for Wing Chun.

Up until the time of the news conference, the four merely tolerated Leung Ting, but certainly didn't endorse him.

Regards,
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)

I did read the article. There may be some validity in it, not that that's likely to change any of those instructors' students' opinions.

I still say it's poorly written, translated and the website designer should be flogged for putting red on black. I felt like I was reading a very long post from the VTAA forum.

Steve, that was very ,er, "interesting". My speakers were turned off so I didn't hear the soundtrack, though I'm guessing late 70's disco or early eighties technocrap. The tempo was "unusual" and some of the postures taken and angulation looked very different to what I've been taught. And those sidekicks were just plain weird, though he sure could hold 'em up there. I wouldn't want to pay out on the guy's WC without touching hands, but he certainly deserves all the scorn everyone can muster for that megastrange hairstyle.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

That was kind of weird.

Who is that guy?

negative:

seemed like he was doing lots of weird stuff with his upper body, because he wasnt generating any power from his legs/stance (which did look pretty crappy)

most of that bending over seems like asking to be wailed on, pulled over or pushed down. mabye he needs a higher dummy.

keeping the head forward like that is definaltely a bad idea

positive:
    he did look like he was putting some energy into the dummy and getting results from it, however oddly he was generating power.
    Travis

structure in motion

You MUST turn on the sound!

For everyone looking at that video you MUST turn on the sound to truly get the full effect.

For yuanfen you can see other versons of ths wonder.

http://www.calasanz.com/download.html

There you can download other versions of the legendary Calasanz in action. See him in Windows Media Player, Realmedia and Quicktime.

After you gaze and LISTEN in sheer wonder to the wingchun2 clip.

Please check out the clip entitled Legend.
    The Bil Jee of your ummmm dreams? comes to life.

Consider these a late chrismas gift to you all.
    Yeah Baby->