Thread: Could anyone tell me in what other countries is Lau gar Kung Fu practised besides in the UK and,of c

cirendragon Guest

Could anyone tell me in what other countries is Lau gar Kung Fu practised besides in the UK and,of c

same as topic. thanks for any replies

Je Lei Sifu Guest

Lau Gar

Back in October, I met some students from Ireland who studied Lau gar. However, they never heard of Hung Ga :(

Peace

Je Lei Sifu

The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

Paul Skrypichayko Guest
    Most countries that have hung gar will also have lau gar as well. This is the original lau gar, not the modified/expanded/kickboxing style from Jeremy Yau in England. A few of his students gave me that description, and I think one of them actually knew the original lau gar kuen and lau gar pang (staff).

So, USA, Canada, Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Australia, Mexico, Poland, Czech, Italy, Spain, Belgium, UK, and probably a few other countries as well.

MarkS Guest
    Je Lei:Back in October, I met some students from Ireland who studied Lau gar. However, they never heard of Hung Ga

I can't say I'm surprised, having been exposed to a lot of the 'Lau Gar' over here (UK)

Paul:This is the original lau gar, not the modified/expanded/kickboxing style from Jeremy Yau in England.

Is there actually a whole Lau Gar system?
    I was under the impression that it was a set in the Hung system. The Yau Lau Gar is nothing like Hung Gar at all.

cirendragon:Could anyone tell me in what other countries is Lau gar Kung Fu practised besides in the UK and,of course, China?

It isnt practised anywhere else except the UK.

Mark